Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, August 27, 2010

What Now??

James 4:13-17 (The Message)
13-15And now I have a word for you who brashly announce, "Today—at the latest, tomorrow—we're off to such and such a city for the year. We're going to start a business and make a lot of money." You don't know the first thing about tomorrow. You're nothing but a wisp of fog, catching a brief bit of sun before disappearing. Instead, make it a habit to say, "If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that."
16-17As it is, you are full of your grandiose selves. All such vaunting self-importance is evil. In fact, if you know the right thing to do and don't do it, that, for you, is evil.




We showed our house on Wednesday!!! Of course just the idea that we are showing it was exciting and scary at the same time. And then AGAIN without looking for it...the Lord just showed me this verse. So, my mind is all settled down and I'm trying to say it and mean it, "If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that." So I have NO idea what we would do if the place sold, of course we have dreams and ideas, but it really is in the Lord's hands. We are so blessed to serve such a mighty God that even WANTS to handle our lives, and He cares so much about us. And when we do know what is right and He shows us then I pray we do it QUICKLY for if we don't it is evil. That is a pretty heavy....but, it is God's Word, and I am trying to live by His Word, as it is THE TRUTH! So I'm praying for the Lord to show us His will, and praying that WE DO WHATEVER IT IS HE SHOWS US.


I'm excited....there are times when I get scared and think I really like my house, I really like where I live, I really like how things are going, and then I remember....God is so amazing and He gives good gifts and He is the one who put us here and gave us these amazing friends and this amazing place to live, and why shouldn't I trust Him to continue bringing good to my life. Just because there are changes coming why is it my nature to just automatically assume it's going to be bad. God is the Creator of this entire world and every person in it...when I remember THAT FACT I am in awe and I CAN'T wait to see what He's got coming our way. I should trust Him and believe Him and He says that He is good, and He loves us and He wants to give us good gifts. If He created those beautiful mountains that I get to look at everyday and enjoy, then I can't WAIT to see what HE has created and has in store for me everyday.


Matthew 7:11 (New International Version)
11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
One last thought on this.....I get all sentimental when I think of our house selling....and I was pondering WHY this morning and I realized I DO enjoy this house, it just works REALLY well for us, the house itself, the location, the property. But the thing that I LOVE about this house is....there is LIFE and LOVE in this house....there are friends, and family, and KIDS...lots and lots of kids, and there are memories and there is activity and when I remember WHY I LOVE this house, I realize...it's not the house....it's the LOVE, the LIFE, the JOY, the ENERGY, and ALL THAT is from our LORD and I don't need this house to have those things! I have the LORD and He provides it all....even the HOUSE itself.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Praying for the "next" awesome thing that God has for you today!

marlece said...

being good with 'this or that' as long as He is in control....I am so excited to see what the Lord has for you, for He does give good gifts, He is a God that goes above and beyond we could EVER imagine...

Kathy said...

I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family! When we remember and BELIEVE He has good plans for us, it makes life a great adventure! I love your house, too, because every time I have been there, it's been full of life, laughter, love, and lots of kids, and that's something you get to take with you wherever you go - along with all the memories you made there!