Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy 47th Charlie!!

Psalm 149:4 (New Living Translation)

4 For the Lord delights in his people;
he crowns the humble with victory
.




This is Charlie!!! He is my man, and I'm the luckiest girlfriend (this is what he has always called me) in the world! Charlie turned 47 yesterday. This guy is the bestest in the whole world.


Charlie has had 47 action packed, fun, hardworking, and completely goofy (proof is in the above picture) years. His years have been full of love, friendship, and family.




Charlie has done a lot, accomplished a lot, experienced a lot; he's been through good times and rough times, but he has the most amazing positive attitude no matter what the situation. I've been told MANY times by people who have seen Charlie react in stressful or dangerous situations that they ALWAYS want Charlie around in a crisis. He has a very calm and common sense way about him, he can think through things and knows how to take charge without freaking out.




My favorite thing about Charlie is his love for the Lord. He has always loved Him, and followed Him, but in this last year the Lord has done a work in Charlie's heart and he is totally sold out for Jesus. He is walking more closely with the Lord, and His heart is forever changed. He came back from Africa renewed!! His priorities and his passions have been changed.
He has a love for the orphan...the one in this picture in particular...her name is Esther. His heart is broken over the things that he has seen in Africa, but he has new hope in how much joy faith in our Lord can bring. He loves to pray for people and with people, he loves bringing it all before the Lord.

I know God has big ole plans for this 47 year old, and it seems that this will be the year that there are some big changes. So far things are looking grim by the worlds standards in his life...work is sparse, and finances are upside down, but I just know that God is going to use these bleak circumstances to show just who He is in Charlie's life. I think we are going to look back and see God's work all over Charlie's life. I'm excited that I get to be a part of it and a front row seat at that.

Deuteronomy 5:32-33 (New International Version)

32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. 33 Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.






3 comments:

Shauna said...

I can attest to the crisis thing first hand, twice. :) I love your man too! What a great brother he has been to me.

I think my favorite part about Charlie is how he does not judge. Refreshing!

Hope he had a good one!

[i am soooo hormonal - that pic of him and Esther made me cry - i have seen it like one hundred times! - the way his hands are on her head - something about it...]

marlece said...

I wish could blame my crying on being hormonal but I'm not, just a cry baby...your man, is a good man, we are blessed to have him in our life...he's a little goofy, a little thoughtful, a story teller, a man of God, and the best brother a girl could have! We are blessed.

drillerbob said...

Love him dearly! He is absolutley the best, most loyal friend we could ever ask for. We couldn't love him anymore. We are so blessed to have him in our life.