Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm So Glad They Did!!





What would have happened if my sis and her hubby would NOT have listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to adopt Isaiah into their family?




This weekend my sister Shauna and her husband and 5 beautiful children came over for the weekend. They came for several reasons, but one of them was that they had been asked to share at the First Baptist Church in Prineville about what the Lord was doing with their lives and what He had done and how He brought them to Isaiah.




Isaiah is their precious boy that they adopted from Uganda. It will be 1 year on November 11 that they have had this boy officially in their family.




I was AGAIN so touched by the story of how the Lord brought Isaiah into their family, I NEVER tire of hearing how God moved in their lives and how he provided the way, the hearts, the finances, and the desire to SACRIFICE and bring Isaiah into their family.




I began wondering why this boy and his story had such an effect on me??? I wondered....do I think he is more special than the other 4 of her children....I wondered....do I think her deserves a family more than any other child.....I wondered....is it because his skin is a different color that brings us to tears every time we hear of his story....




Well, I just feel like the Lord answered my questions. He resolved these things in my heart and in my mind....




What if.........Lily was in a orphanage somewhere and the Lord laid it on Shauna and Justin's heart to go and get her and they DECIDED NOT to?




What if.......Ashton was an unplanned pregnancy and they DECIDED NOT to have her?




What if...... Hunter had a different color of hair and skin than their other children...would they DECIDE NOT to keep him?




What if.....Dawson were taken away at birth and they didn't get him back for a couple of years....would they DECIDE NOT to find him and go to the cost of rescuing him???






Well, when I thought of it in these terms I realized it is NOT that Isaiah is any more special than any of Shauna's other kids, or any child for that matter, but his story and God's Story of how He brought this little precious boy a FAMILY and how He provided a way for them to afford to rescue him, and how He laid it on Shauna and Justin's heart to trust in the Lord and go get this boy that they did NOT know. I'm so glad they did not let fear of the unknown stop them, and that they CHOSE to trust God and trust His Word and to open themselves and their family up. Each child is soooo incredibly precious and they each have a story that is beautiful, but when WE are given a choice and we choose to do what is out of the ordinary, or quite risky and we still choose it that is such a beautiful blessed story.




Isn't that what God has done for us....He CHOSE us!!! He chose to lay down His very LIFE for us....so when He lays something on our hearts or asks us to do something.....I would think WE WOULD RUN TO DO WHATEVER IT IS!!! For GOD to love us so much that He laid down his life for us I want to LOVE HIM BACK and I want to show LOVE for the people that He has put in my life and in my HEART. I want to do it because of WHAT HE DID FOR ME AND WHO HE IS!!!!
ps...Shauna has a blog and many posts about her journey to Isaiah.




4 comments:

Shauna said...

You are a blessing to me! You are a blessing to Isaiah! You were/are our/my biggest cheerleader to follow God! Thank you!!!!! XOXO

You family blessed us so much this weekend. I want to tell you again - you have awesome kids! Whatever you are doing - keep it up and let me RUN to get a pad and paper to take notes! :)

marlece said...

love this, and yes WE are blessed to have that little guy in our life. It is an amazing journey/story...one to be told over and over. And, on top of all this... I hate that you got them and I didn't, no jealousy just stating a fact.

Amy said...

Awesome post!!!!

Kathy said...

OK, I am sitting here in Starbucks reading this, and can't keep from blubbering! What a beautiful post, Jenay! What awesome insight into just what it means to obey God and rescue whatever child He brings into your life for you to love, no matter the circustances. Praying for your family and wherever God leads you.

I don't know Cole well, but I sure agree with Shauna about Lashae - what a special young woman of God you guys are raising. Can't wait to see what God does in and through her! Love that girl!