Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Still on the Rainbow Kick

I posted about the very pretty rainbow, and I definitely loved it, but it just seemed sweet and a "nice rainbow", but for some reason, I just kept thinking about it and asking the Lord what He was saying to us. I have seen many rainbows, and never thought too much about it, so was I just putting way too much thought into this one particular rainbow, was I trying to get more out of it than was there....well, this morning I was reading in Genesis, ( again no coincidence...just God using HIS living Word to SPEAK TO ME). So I was reading the story of Noah and guess what...the whole rainbow thing, and I've read it before, but I was just reading along and it's like the words just jumped off the page...God was speaking directly to me.

Genesis 8:1 (New International Version)
Genesis 8
1 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.


The word REMEMBERED just jumped out at me. I know God has never for one day forgotten me, but sometimes it feels like it; and He sent a rainbow to my bedroom window and then 3 days later confirmed it in His Word that He REMEMBERED me!!

Genesis 9:16 (New Living Translation)
16 When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.”

I have a new breath of fresh air today. God took His time and His Word to show me physically and then confirm in His Word that He REMEMBERS me. I know that things are not great in some areas of our lives right now, but He is taking the time to speak to me and tell me that He has not forgotten ME and now I KNOW, because He reminded me, that it is all in His hands and He is so faithful, and I will just rest and wait for Him to show up and send a wind and recede the waters on our behalf.

WHOO HOO!!!! I'm so GLAD!!!! He does this for all of us, but some of us...that would be me...need a little extra coddling because I am so weak and slow, and forgetful myself. I'm so glad my God does NOT forget!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Awe, Thank you God for this!! Love the whole thing.

marlece said...

It makes me feel better knowing He has you on His mind, Jesus never just 'sees' without acting. Look forward to seeing what he has instore for you.