Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Running With Endurance

Hebrews 12:1 (New Living Translation)
Hebrews 12
God’s Discipline Proves His Love 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

I like running...I like running with a goal...if I don't have a race I'm working towards I get lazy. I may not be very fast but I do have endurance and I do enjoy all that comes with running.

So........here's the deal, life right now just feels like a race and really it's been a race all along. I just feel like I'm on a VERY UPHILL COURSE, and I've been running this particular part a long time. Things are very tough in a lot of areas for me and for others running this race called life. We have been to the medical tent lately with some severe injuries, we are seeing people around us hit the wall and bonk big time, we are weak, we are delirious, but we are still in the race, and actually loving it. We are sooo thankful to be in the race, and we are on the last stretch in some respects....although we have many races coming up, and we will continue to endure and train and run. And the races ahead I'm sure are harder even yet.

Here's the thing I think.....I only feel like I've ran my best when I'm done with a race and I have no gas left in my tank. Even if I'm slow and I may be dead last, but if I put in my all and did my very best, then I'm happy with my race.

So in this time in my life, I'm going to put it all out there, I'm digging in deep. I'm getting excited because the course is going to change soon, not easier per say, just change and I'm ready for some new scenery a new hill to climb. I love running this race this race called life, I love that every hard part makes us stronger and closer to our MAKER. I know that he is giving me the very breath and energy I need for this race and any upcoming races. I sometimes just want to quit this race...but then I take a drink of water, take another shotblock, and feel energized to continue.

We've been hit pretty hard the last 9 months with a lot of trouble and hard times. But, the ironic thing is...and it's no irony to God.....it's also been the best 9 months ever. I've cried harder and shed more tears....tears of sorrow and tears of JOY in the last 9 months than I have in my whole life. We have had some beatings and far more BLESSINGS than I can even count.

At the prayer meeting last night Charlie thanked God for these hard times that have drawn us closer to Him, and asked that when things get better that we never change back, that we stay as close to God as we are right now and keep drawing nearer even when the "race" gets easier. I never thought I would hear that come out of his mouth, and I never thought I would agree to such a statement. But with ALL sincerity I said, "yes Lord".

This prayer was said after a pretty bad blow yesterday....it's been no secret that we are in over our heads financially, and in the last 6 weeks it seems it just won't let up....But here's the good news we are still on our feet we are still running and we are seriously blessed beyond our wildest imaginations. In these hardest of times we have lived life fuller and funner and deeper than we ever have.

John 16:33 (New International Version)
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

5 comments:

marlece said...

love that you are still in the race and you know I partner in it with you, I cheer you along as I run with you. He is the goal and as long as we keep that focus....we will be able to FINISH!

drillerbob said...

I love you Jenay!

drillerbob said...

Just to be clear, the previous comment is from Shelly, not "drillerbob"!

Jenay said...

Well, I love you too Shelly and Driller Bob!!!

Charsie said...

Mom! Just keep running the race! I would love to run it with you nor long nor hard nor easy nor short! :D I love you! Love your 3rd in line and your 2nd daughter.
Charsie