Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Could Have Been Fire!

I'm feeling a bit on the jumpy side today....let me just take you through the reasons why....

1030pm last night....I crawl into bed exhausted and say to my hubby...,"We have got to figure out a way to get more sleep in this house." He responds with a grunt...

335am Hubby rolls over and says, "Does Kole have work today?" To which I reply, "yes" and as I say yes I realize I have not heard Kole rattling around like I usually do...because he gets up at 330am to head off to work...so I get out of bed and yep he's up...just being considerate today, and being extra quite so as not to wake the family...what a nice boy.

338am I crawl back into bed and fall instantly asleep...thinking about how nice it is that after a month of this Kole has finally mastered the art of quiet...

400am ....The fire alarms go off...not chirping...not a warning full blown all through the house blaring fire alarms.

I come blowing out of the bedroom to the smell of bacon...Kole is standing in the kitchen looking sheepish...I come upstairs and meet Charsie halfway who has Reece on her hip, and Kennedy in step right behind her and yelling at Luke to get out there is a fire in the house. I tell them, "False alarm...Kole was just cooking." So they head back to bed, I then go to Lashae's room and tell Catrina everything is ok..she says that she heard me and she was just about to save her fiddle and head out when she heard it was just Kole's cooking.

I then peek my head outside because Lashae, Sydney and Leslie slept outside on the deck, and I WAKE THEM UP, to tell them that everything is ok..

I come back down the stairs...fire alarms still blaring by the way....and ask Kole what the heck happened...he says I was in a hurry, so I had everything on HIGH...mind you he is telling me this as he is still cooking and dishing himself up!!

So Charlie opens windows and firealarms finally stop, and we head back to bed...and I just had to ask Charlie what took so long for him to get out there and see what was going on...to which he replies...I didn't want the news crew to show up and have me in these stupid shorts..........SUPER!!!! SO YOU WERE CHANGING YOUR CLOTHES WHILE I WAS SAVING THE 10 INNOCENT LIVES IN OUR HOME TONIGHT, BUT AT LEAST YOU LOOK GOOD HONEY!!!

So...off to sleep I go for about 10 min., and guess what, time to get up for the day!!! Gotta love it...just gotta love it.

5 comments:

marlece said...

Hey, at this point I think I would have said, "what the heck, everyone is up, kitchen is in full working order, EVERYONE STAY up Momma is cooking breakfast!" It is interesting that while Lashae was sleeping thru it, Charlie was in trying to figure out how to come out 'fashionable', and Charsie, (your wife?) was saving all of the kids, while you were yelling at Kole....hmmmmmm......isn't it interesting what people do in a paniac situation...

Shauna said...

Charlie knows how to handle a stressful situation - lol!

Life is never dull with kids - then add more kids - older and younger kids and well you occasionally get a frazzled Momma.

XOXO - hope Kole enjoyed his breakfast - lol!

drillerbob said...

I can't stop laughing at the thought of this picture. Glad to know my Pooky knows what to do when a fire alarm goes off...Yell at Luke! LOL

drillerbob said...

Also glad to know that she is hanging out at her "second home" while I'm gone.

Jenay said...

Ya Slappy, I would never leave that girl home alone...she does not wake easily!!! And I woundn't leave her with Charlie because he's too worried about his clothes to be of any help...so our safest bet for all our kids is to leave them with CHARSIE!!!! In the morning when I asked Pookie about it she thought it was all a dream. haha...we laughed.