Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.








The For Sale signs are out!! We are selling our house!!! We have no idea what the future holds for us.....we go back and forth between just wanting a big crazy change in our lives or holding on to what we have here. We have lived in this area our whole married lives. We have the most amazing friends a family could ever ask for. I'm talking people that KNOW us and we KNOW! They know our dirt and still love us, we laugh and cry together, we have celebrated big things, we have mourned sad things.
We have always lived within 5 miles of both sets of parents. We are connected in everyway possible. We love our community, and our church. We know just about everybody and their dogs. We have been blessed beyond what we could ever even imagine for ourselves. We have history...we have roots...that run DEEP!!!
We are not able to make ends meet in our current situation. And we know that it is tough everywhere, so we don't have any place or situation we are honed in on at the moment. I can tell you we are praying that the Lord just shows us and guides us and opens some doors for us....whether that be to stay right where we are at and He will help us make those ends meet, or if that is to move down the road a mile or 2, or if He is going to boot us out of this "comfortable nest" we have been in for 20 years and have an adventure for us. To be honest any option has it's pros and cons....so we are totally open.
We are just leaning on Him and taking one day at a time. We are praying without ceasing....Lord show us....provide for us....use us.....help us.....

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. [a]

For now all I know is we are trying to sell. We know for sure there will be a change for us in the next few months...we just have NO idea what those changes may entail.

I have been asked several times...what are you doing...what do you want....and honestly I can say...this answer changes by the day, sometimes by the hour. So for now we are doing what we are doing, we are just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward, we are dealing with things as best as we can as they come up. Charlie is working, Praise God for this, and I am home doing what I do, but we are in a transition....TO WHAT I have no idea. It is stretching me, and I am just having to throw my hands in the air and saying to the Lord....I'm out of ideas.....so here ya go....just show us....

1 Peter 5:6-10 (New International Version)
6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

We are putty in His mighty hands. When I remember this and really believe it, I have such peace, for I know who holds the future, and I know that He cares for me and my entire family.

Isaiah 64:8 (New International Version)

8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.

We are excited to see what is in store for the Brewer Bunch! We can never say life is boring, and I am so glad. Bored has always been a bad word around here anyway.


1 comment:

Shauna said...

So excited for whatever the Lord has! Praying for you/with you through this time!