Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Must Testify

Psalm 50:7-15 (New Living Translation)
7 “O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel: I am God, your God! 8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly offer. 9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns or the goats from your pens. 10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it. 13 Do I eat the meat of bulls? Do I drink the blood of goats? 14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. 15 Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.”



This is a post to testify of just how the Lord takes such good care of us:


So Charlie got a call on Sunday evening from a man that was interested in our cattle, he wants them all, except for the bull. Charlie and him agreed on a price, and Charlie got off the phone and we were so thankful. It was just good timing. So then this morning Charlie is listening to the messages on his phone and he just starts chuckling...it was the cattle buyer and he says, "Hey, I've been talking to some guys and I will be able to get more for those cattle when I sell the calves so I will pay $50.00 more a head." Ok....I just have to say THAT is the Lord...who does that??? Once a price is agreed upon, who calls back and says they want to pay more? Well, I think this must be a pretty outstanding guy, but mostly I am thankful to our Lord who just does stuff like that just because He is good and he owns all the cattle on a thousand hills. We are truly thankful and amazed!



Oh, and the verse that Charlie sent this morning before he listened to any of his messages was this:


Ephesians 3:20-21 (New Living Translation)
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.


How appropriate for today!!!



4 comments:

marlece said...

obviously this shows just who is in charge....

Mom Of Many said...

Nobody does stuff like that...except that Almighty God is instigating it all! YIppee Jesus!! Thank you for sharing! How faithful God is...so whatcha gonna' put in your Memorial Box? Maybe a small plastic cow?

Jenay said...

Mom of many...yes...I think a cow would be perfect!!! I love it!

Renee said...

You just don't hear stories like this! Offering more than you agreed upon?! Only our Lord....in His amazing love for us all...Thank you for sharing this with MBM.
www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com