Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Missionary Heros!

I am so excited about something I learned yesterday....just because it is a fun little fact that I did not know....but, first I must preface it with a little history.....







This year....Lashae's senior year in high school, she announced to us that she would like to be a missionary. Well, I had a lot of preconceived ideas and opinions about what a missionary was like and what their life entailed....let's just say I was WAY off. But, what I did do correctly was I began to read read read about missionaries....about their lives.....read autobiographies....and learned what I could about the life of a missionary. I began to fall in love with these people and the lives that they led...not because they were glamerous by all means, but because of their faith, and the things the Lord did because of their faithfulness to go and spread the gospel and help people.







I soon had a favorite...even though I have yet to read about one that wasn't totally amazing...but, my favorite became George Muller. This man was stinkin amazing, and he is my hero in the missionary world. He lived such a life of faith and service and trusting in the Lord. He did not ever ask for money....he would have a need and would pray to the only true provider and God would come through every single time in all sorts of different ways. He helped literally thousands of orphans, he housed them, fed them, clothed them, and gave them a great education, and most importantly taught them about Jesus Christ.







Anyway, where I'm going with all this.....is yesterday, I was reading another book about him and I came to learn that his, George Muller's, missionary hero, the guy that he learned so much about and loved his ministry and wanted to do things a lot the same as..............none other than......A.H. Franke............yep, that my friends, Franke, is my maiden name.............spelled EXACTLY the same way. So this guy had an orphanage in the 1800's called Franke Orphanage, and I just thought that was a pretty darn cool thing to learn.







Funny how I have no idea if there is ANY relation what-so-ever, but it made me feel like there was and that somehow things just seem to come full-circle eventually. So press on Lashae be an amazing missionary....help thousands of orphans....it's in our blood girl!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Love George Muller and I am now going to tell people we go way back - family ties - lol! Totally love that thought!

marlece said...

Ok, I don't think we are Franke until way after the 1800's but I am good with putting our family in this category. It is something to aspire for don't you think?

Charsie said...

Marlece whats with the negativity? And mommy, I will do whatever you tell me to. ;)