Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Things Change.


  I have once again been reminded that we are not on this earth to be comfortable.  Even though my tendency is to want to be comfortable and hold people and things that I love with a tight grip.  

I have once again been reminded that when we are Christians our life is not our own.  We have been paid for with a price.  The precious gift of life eternal with Jesus came at the highest price, and when we say "YES" to Jesus, we are signing up for the most amazing ETERNAL life, but we are also signing up to  love and follow Him with total abandon.

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus ] Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

 Jesus is always moving forward.  The word "follow" implies movement.  When we follow Him we will always be moving forward.....and the people that we LOVE that we want to hang on to so stinkin' tight are also moving forward.
  

Life is ALWAYS changing.
 Even if we never move our location or never feel like we change, or if we fight change with everything in us, 
THINGS CHANGE.
SEASONS CHANGE.

  As time goes on, the changes seem to come more often and affect more people, because the further you get down the road of life, the more people you love and connect with.

  I know all the changes that have come into our lives are good and right they are still changes and they cause a rippling effect of adjustment for everyone involved.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose.

Some of the changes in my life have come when I'm ready to walk through the next door and there is opportunity I can see ahead, and sometimes the changes in my life are because the door got slammed behind me and I have to move forward
 or
 be stuck looking backwards and banging my head on the door.

Either way...life is changing and it is a constant process of moving forward.

I pray that in more seasons of CHANGE ahead that my focus is totally on HIM because
 HE NEVER CHANGES.

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Be encouraged if God is changing things up....he is moving His people to follow Him and use them to bring
Him Glory
 in every nation and every neighborhood!

Hallelujah.

Matthew 9:36-38

English Standard Version (ESV)
36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless,like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."

1 comment:

marlece said...

when you said, "I have to move forward or look back and bang my head against the door" super true especially on a day such as this in this house hold. Keep moving forward like the song, "Onward Christians soldiers...."