Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, April 11, 2014

That's How He Rolled

There's a thin line between feeling encouraged and discouraged.
  It takes a moment in time or a part of a word to go from being encouraged to discouraged.
  I often think when 'close calls' happen we can feel 'lucky' to be alive. 
 I can't count on 'luck'.
  That thought does NOT encourage me.
I am NOT a lucky person.

 However, the reminder that God almighty is in charge of the very air that we all breath and the fact that we can even take our next breath TOTALLY encourages me. 
 I know I can count on Him, I know He is faithful.

 It takes the idea of
 luck and junk
 and tosses it out and brings me to a place of 
THANKSGIVING and PRAISE
 to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Psalm 34:7-8

The angel of the Lord encamps

    around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!

    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

  This day could have had a whole different ending to it.  God protected my kid in a humongous way and I can't help but
 PRAISE MY GOD!!!! 

  I am thankful thankful thankful. 

Kole swerved to avoid a goose and hit the gravel and that's
 how he rolled.
  *kinda sounds like a country song*

Even though I am so thankful, there is the part of me that knows or was reminded today how quickly things can change.

  I don't think it is healthy to camp in the 'what if's' but when I am faced with scary situations my mind just goes there.  I try to not camp there too long, but walk through it in my mind.
  So here's what God so graciously reminded me of at 2am as I wake up with thanksgiving that Kole is fine and protected, but my mind also racing to the,
WHAT IF THIS WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT DIFFERENT.

  I have learned to go back to the things that I know for sure...and then it takes the power out of the fear that is racing through my mind.

Here are the things I KNOW FOR SURE:

I know that if God would have allowed a different outcome and Kole would not have walked away from that accident...I KNOW THAT MY GOD IS WITH ME AND HE IS WITH KOLE.

I realized the biggest gift Kole has ever given to me, is that he is has accepted the greatest  gift God has ever given the world and he is SAVED and will have ETERNAL life.

John 3:16-17


For God So Loved the World

16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 

  

 There is no question in my mind where he stands with our great big gracious heavenly Father.  I am so thankful that Kole is still with us and I can hug my kid today, but I am even more thankful to know that no matter what today brings GOD IS WITH HIM.  I am so thankful to know that God loves my kid a million more times than I do, and that He has given Him life EVERLASTING.  

The best gift we can give to the people that we love and the people that love us...is to LOVE JESUS and live a life that shows them and tells them this truth.
 There is comfort in this beyond anything this world has to offer.

I want Kole * and myself* to slow our fast driving butts down, but I want him and everyone I know to grab a gear  and go faster in the race that really matters, and keep our eyes on JESUS.

Hebrews 12:1-3

English Standard Version (ESV)

Jesus, Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

No comments: