Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baptism is Fun!

Matthew 19:14


14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”



Have I expressed lately how much I love our church family.  Here we are on a Monday night baptizing people.  
I can't think of a better way to spend a Monday night.

This night was extra special.  
We got to be witnesses to some pretty personally special baptisms.  

The first one was our Pastor's (Priester according to Reece) son.  It was pretty cool because his grandpa and grandma came from Texas to witness and help with the blessed event. 

 I love this family so much.  They are not only our pastors and leaders, they are our friends, and they are examples in their walk with the Lord and the leadership of their family.  

**********************
Reece has been asking and asking if he could get baptized (bathtized according to him).
 It usually comes up when he is watching it of course, but it always brings up good discussion.

 We have said no...not until he understands what he is doing. 
 I have felt funny about that a couple of times, because I love the passion Reece has and I never want to squelch that excitement.  It felt wrong to tell anyone NO if they are wanting to get baptized.
I have been talking to the Lord about this, and then on Sunday, Pastor Jordan talked about knowing God and growing up in our faith.  He talked about how his son was going to get baptized because he wanted to and he was excited about it and that's all he needs to know at this point.
    Boom!!  
It just hit me, and God was answering my questions about Reece.

Reece understands it as well as any 6 year old could understand.
  He loves Jesus, he loves church, and he loves to pray, 
even if at this point all those things are done for really immature and childish reasons and in childish ways, they are still real and totally sincere.  He wouldn't know how to make it up if he wanted to. 

Even if these 2 little guys don't fully understand the meaning of baptism, they know they love Jesus and they want to follow Him. 
 They said so themselves for all to hear!
  Who are we to stop them from "coming to Jesus".  It took me to 42 to be courageous enough to do it again with a better understanding.  I don't want to miss this chance to grow his faith NOW, and cheer him on.  So we took a step of faith and let the "children come to Jesus".  


They look pretty happy about the whole thing to me.  

There was also some more mature Christians being baptized last night. 

 I love that God is right there to meet us wherever we are in life, in whatever stage of growth, at whatever age and understanding.
  God is good!

Reece already refers to things before he was bathtized and after he was bathtized.
***Mind you, it has not even been 24 hours.****
  It has been a marker for him...haha...he feels like a new person.  I sure hope it sticks.  lol

No comments: