Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stirred Up and Encouraged!

My brain is fried, my heart is full, and I am beyond
 ENCOURAGED!

I got the privilege of going to CAFO, Christian Alliance For Orphans, in Chicago this week.

I was asked the same question on every flight as I would go to sit down by a total stranger to / from  Chicago. It's just the "polite conversation" when you sit down by a total stranger.....but I never knew quite how to answer the question in a one-word answer (which is what they are looking for)  until the last flight...of course.

 So the same question was asked, 
"Are you traveling for work?" 
I answered,
 "No sir, I'm traveling for PASSION".


 I spent time with some of the most amazing people in the last few days.  2500 people came together for a conference to learn and grow and share and pray about how to be a part of God's work and be a voice for the voiceless.


In my time with the Lord, I have been praying to love Jesus  with more passion and to get to know Him better.

 One of the first things the speaker talked about was that if you want to get close to the heart of God...Get involved in orphan care...His heart if for the orphan.
 WHOA!!!
  I had to give a big 'ole AMEN...my heart knew that statement was true, and it was for me!
 (and 2500 people)



 I met up with these amazing ladies from California and we spent 2 FULL days, learning and praying and laughing and crying and confessing and encouraging.  We shared and hugged and ate and worshiped and LOVED and ENCOURAGED one another. 
 My tank if full!!!!



These ladies all serve in the ministry xHope and they are AMAZING.  These ladies are Jesus loving freaks who love Jesus with passion and  love one another and the kids in their homes and neighborhoods and in Uganda!

These ladies are in the thick of it all, living out this call to care for the orphan, giving so much love and time and devotion to the kids at Redeemer House along with their big families and their churches and their community.
  It is truly a labor of
 LOVE and FAITHFULNESS
 that can only be explained by
 GOD'S LOVE AND STRENGTH
inside of their hearts and lives.


They invited me to crash their party and we did a lot of life together in just a few short days.  
One of my goal  this year was to live with intention.
 REALness.

  There is just not enough time in this life to be fake and there is too much at stake to waste time. 

 At this conference, we got REAL and we got DEEP. 

 We talked and learned and prayed about tough issues, but always landing on
 HOPE!

The HOPE of JESUS working in us and through us in every facet of our lives!


  Life is messy, and when you live a life that is OUT OF CONTROL
(as is everyone's...but it's just more obvious when you have a full house),
and all our's totally is.
 It's a beautiful crazy mess.
  Kids from birth, adopted kids, foster kids, kids from different countries and cultures, kids from hard places, grand kids, big kids, young kids. 
 All different, all created in the image of God.


We heard from a man in one of the breakout sessions who is 36 years old and he still longs for a mom and a dad.  He was raised without any family and "aged out" of the foster care system. 
 I almost brought him home to be ours.  haha!  

I didn't bring him home, but it stirred me up to
 LOVE BIG and to LOVE NOW.
As I sit here and feel overwhelmed so much of the time....there are kids all over the world who are just waiting, and THAT my friends is OVERWHELMING.

Hebrews 10:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.


Stirred up and encouraged.
Done and Done!!!!  :) 

1 comment:

marlece said...

I love this, all love the calling placed on your life and how you go and do the thing. Blessed by you being such a vessel for his kingdom.