Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Total Peace

I've been asked many times...."How are you doing?" Well, I am just great. No kidding. I am not the least bit worried about Charlie or Lashae. I know it is very early on, so I will update you as to how I'm doing as time goes by. But I can only think that the reason I'm at such peace is that I know soooo many people are praying. I also know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this mission is smack dab in the middle of God's will. He showed that to me over and over. In times when I wasn't at peace, and they hadn't even left yet, He would again confirm in some way that this was something He wanted to happen. And I am only guessing, but maybe this is how it feels when we are a part of something that God is doing. Again, I know that I know we don't have to go on a mission to be in God's will, or feel at peace, or have people pray with us and for us...but maybe, just maybe if we treated EVERYTHING like a mission trip, and went to Him with everything in our lives and shared many prayers with others, and surrendered all our own plans and ideas to Him, and asked Him to speak to us, and asked for His will on every decision and asked for His confirmation then maybe this is what He talks about in His Word when He says in Phillipians 4:6-7 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

marlece said...

Yes, even in a storm He will give us peace if we are looking to Him. You are also so right about we need to look at everything we do in our life as a 'mission'. When I do that cleaning the floor for the 100th time as the kids are running in and out of the house will begin to mean more than just cleaning the floor. Or taking time to read, or sit with kids and just converse, or going for a run, means something if I am thinking this is all to the glory of Him if I have that attitude of it being all about Him and being more like Him.