Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Africans

So here's the question and answer...how is everyone doing??? Lashae and Charlie are doing great. They are loving this experience more than they ever knew they would. Lashae had a pretty good idea she was going to love it, but she is blown away. She loves it and hates it. She loves the people, and just the little things she can do for them, she hates the injustice of human beings having to live so rough. Charlie is enjoying every bit of it...I laugh with my sisters because when he left he told everyone his objective was to mostly watch Lashae...she was not going to get out of his sight...by day 2 I had to ask if he had seen Lashae. Charlie is off solving the world one task at a time, and just doesn't worry about Lashae...in Charlie form....he has learned to love the people and trust each of them. Cracks me up!!! Charlie rarely talks to me that he doesn't have a new child for us to sponsor, and chokes up as he tells me the story of their life.



Then, the question of how we are doing....we are great. I have a man child named Kole in the house that takes care of everything that any man can do, and a little mommy child named Charsie and she keeps me and Luke and Reece lined out. Then I have Luke who provides entertainment at all times, and Reece who keeps me on the move so fast I have no time to really wonder how I'm doing.



Everyone says Charlie and Lashae are going to be changed when they get back. For me, I will embrace this fully, I love how they were before, but even the change in Charlie's voice is so tender. He is touched and I want to change in his direction versus his hardening back to "business as usual". My prayer is that this experience is a life change for our whole family for a lifetime. The prayer is that we can look at things with a different perspective, and make changes accordingly. Once we see what they have seen, we are responsible for that information. Not that we can solve every problem, but we can do something. We can't walk away and say we didn't know. We know and now we must adjust. My prayer is we move forward into more action, and a more tender heart and look at injustices and evils in this world and are disgusted.

I'm excited for my family to once again be on one side of the world and on the same continent, but I hope they are changed and I hope to change right along with them. Changes that bring us closer to our Lord and bring us to love others more deeply are good changes that hopefully will be forever. So when people say "they will never be the same"....I say yippee...yahoo, and I want in!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Amen Sister! Could not agree more! What a blessing to change and NOT be the same! As our husbands pack our bags to head to Africa may we stand with smiles lol!

Love you!

marlece said...

way to go....great post!