Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Mom. If you don't know...that is my mom in the red...I know you thought she was one of the sisters. This has been a mistake many have made and I do take it as a compliment hoping to God that means I will get that gene.

Mother's Day for me is double awesome!! I love
honoring my mom...even though it seems on all
special occasions she finds a way of being the giver. My mom is one of those people that can relate to anyone...she will find some common ground, she has seen a lot of life in that pretty face.

She was an only child, but married a man with many siblings...so she can relate to only children and sibling rivalry...she has been married for over 40 years with 4 daughters 4 son-in-laws, and 18 grandchildren...that is a lot of experience and life right there.

She has worked for people, she has had people work for her, she has been in many different businesses. She has learned to live in plenty and in sparse times. She adjusts and relates to all circumstances.

She can kick around in the dirt at a rodeo, and attend a dance recital all on the same day, and is looking and acting the part for each event.

My mom loves the Lord and has taught us all to do the same, she's always learning and trying to learn the latest whether in health news, or business news, or politics...she's always learning new things.

My mom also has an adventurous side, she loves the outdoors...and then loves to come to a beautiful indoor, and get those hiking toe nails done up pretty...again relating in 2 extremes on the same day.

I love my Mom.

The second part to a double awesome mother's day....is I get to be a mother!!! My most favorite job on earth. Yesterday, I got spoiled by the kids...Kole cleaned my car to perfection inside and out...anyone who knows me knows what a job this was, and Charsie cleaned the inside of the house and blew out the barn. What a treat!!!! These are my most favorite gifts ever. Luke planted me a flower, and Reece....well, he just took a good nap...now that's a gift. Lashae is in Africa, and called me all the way from there to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, and she has several friends who wished me a happy mother's day too. So, my Mother's Day was a WIN WIN!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

That was sweet and very true! XOXO

marlece said...

loved it, love this!!! Great post Jenay!