Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Man is Sexy.

I've never been more in love with my man than I am right now. It's not just because he is halfway around the world either. Haha. I fell in love with my man when he was just a cowboy on the rodeo trail. He would work his butt off all week at a ranch, and leave on Fri. , rodeo all week-end and come home to work some more...but he was such a blast. I fell in love with his zest for life, and his work ethic and his attitude...it was always positive, and upbeat. He was always dirty and sweaty, either from just getting off a bull at the rodeo, or working his head off at a ranch.



He has continued with all his great qualities. He can still out work anybody I've ever met, he still has a zest for life, BUT he also has the weight of the world on his shoulders many days. He just feels the stress of life, financial stresses, lack of time, too much to be done, needing to be in 10 places at once...all these things at the same time.



Hearing him in Africa, and watching him prepare to go has just blessed my heart, and I'm just seeing all the qualities I originally fell in love with....with the true Life bubbling out of him.

In preparation for this he really had to seek the Lord's will and make a huge step of faith, and there is nothing better than a true man of God. I have seen this more vividly in him lately, maybe because to him it just seemed all so overwhelming and he has just had to rely on the Lord, and make that step, even when it seemed out of reach.

While in Africa, he gets to work his head off, get many many thanks for doing so, and just walk away. He has nothing to follow up on, no billing to be done, no invoicing, no inspections. Just bless the socks off of someone who has nothing, and thinks you are a complete hero and walk away. No complaints no changing their minds just happy satisfied customers, that happen to entertain him with rhythm on a garbage can while he works.

He is also the best dad in the universe right now, which makes me love that man more than ever. He has always been the most excellent father to our kids....there really is no better, but to go to Africa, which is not exactly a pleasant VACATION with his daughter is absolutely out of this world cool.

So, I'm in love with my sexy man more than ever when he's half way around the world, doing what The Word of God tells us to do, he is helping orphans, giving to the poor, and loving on the least of these. He's carefree and living with zeal. And he's being the best dad in this world. It just doesn't get any better than that. Next time I will just have to join him so I can be all in love and actually be with him....


5 comments:

Shauna said...

Nothin' hotter than a Man of God - n.o.t.h.i.n.g.!!!

I could hear Charlie in the back ground and he did sound lighter. And that smile in the picture HELLO! Serving the Lord brings great JOY!! Unexplainable really!

Unknown said...

Awe..I love this post and that you have such an awesome love.

marlece said...

you have a sexy man, yes you do!

Unknown said...

What's not to love about a man with all those awesome qualities! Especially a man who is willing to travel across the entire world to do exactly what God asks all of us to do... Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel! Now THAT is a sexy man!

Charsie said...

Good post! Love it! And sometimes I think he works way to hard! But thats a good thing cause he is passing one of the best genes down to his five kids! I love you both so much!
Charsie