Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Our Team to Uganda 2014

Charlie and I!
This will be Charlie's 6th trip.  He loves it in Uganda.  His first trip there was in May of 2010 with my brother in law, Justin, and Lashae and a team of people.  God did a work in Charlie on that trip that his forever changed him. 
 His heart was broken and encouraged in crazy ways.
  He fell in love with the people and the land and the culture on his very first trip.  He often talks about how the people don't have all the material things, but when they know the Lord they are rich and they know it.
They know the true meaning of living by faith.

This is my 4th trip to Uganda.  I have good friends there, that I love so much.
I love the weather and the people and the simplicity of life.   I love going there and feeling like anything I do can make a difference.
 I love the feeling of "being on mission" and letting the Lord lead the way on a moment to moment basis. 
 There is such a realization of how small we are and how big God is when I am stepping out in faith and getting out of my comfort zone and fully depending on Him.
  It's a strange thing to me because I have yet to feel good when I'm there,  I just don't travel all that well I guess, but my heart just keeps drawing me back.
 I'm praying already that I feel good this time, which would be such a God thing because I'm also going to be 7 months pregnant. 
This is Brenda.  She is a sweet friend of mine.   Brenda and I did a Bible study together this Fall with our church.  On the very last week of our Bible study series Brenda told me she wanted to go to Uganda.
  I could see it in her eye that she was serious, she has a mission that God is calling her to. 
 The very next day she called me and she bought her ticket and was on her way.  The Lord has been confirming to her in many ways that it was totally His prompting that has led her to go and she has stepped out in faith in a big way, and He is already blessing her obedience.
PRAISE HIM!!


Charsie is ready to GO!
She was ready the minute we landed back at home 2 years ago.
  She went with Charlie and I, 2 years ago and she is ready to roll.  She loves everything about going.  She loves Jesus, she loves sharing Him with people all over the world,  and she loves loves loves kids and has a gift with people.  Charsie loves to travel and she is not timid about stepping out of her comfort zone.

This is Maddie.
  This is a sweet sweet Montana girl that our family has fallen head over heals in love with.  
Maddie is the same age as Charsie.  Lashae has been friends with Maddie since the day they moved to Laurel. 
 Lashae has been discipling Maddie and they have both grown in the Lord through their relationship.  Lashae's mission on this trip is to keep Maezie for us, and to help Maddie get ready and pray for us. 
 Lashae has an incredible gift of prayer and that girl is ON MISSION with us in a huge way.
Maddie has a giant heart and I can't wait to see what the Lord is doing with her on this trip.
Good thing we are going where it is warm because she already blesses our socks off!!!


Esther is our Ugandan daughter.  She came home to be our daughter 3 1/2 years ago, and this is her first trip back to Uganda.  She is excited! 
 She looks forward to the food and the friends she left behind at Redeemer House.
I know she is excited to go, but I also know she will be very excited to come back home.  :)  She has been rooted deeply in her family and friends and community here and I'm so thankful to know that she can visit, but know that this is where the Lord has brought her.

Luke is excited to go!  Luke is a trooper and a helper and a will participant 100% in everything we do.
   Luke will do great there and has been looking forward to his turn to go!! 
 He is excited to experience and see all the things and meet all the people that we talk about so often.


Mik is excited to go to Africa.  
He knows it's going to be different than where he is from, but excited for the chance to go.
He is hoping the next time we GO, we get to go to Ethiopia.
  He will be so good at keeping the "team" accounted for.  He never loses track of where people are, and I appreciate that gift in him so much.
Reece is full of the Holy Spirit and he will tell you all about it.  He knows his life changed when he got baptized this year. 
 He doesn't quite understand it all, but he will let you know that he has been "bathtized" and he is pretty much an invincible superhero now. 
 In his young mind and heart He knows Jesus and he prays with faith!!!

This is Simon.
  He will be with us from the moment we land until we fly home again.  He is our Ugandan son. 
 This kid gave his life to the Lord on Charlie's first trip there and then 2 years ago Charlie got to baptize him.  We have been able to support Simon through school the last 4 years. 
 We love this kid and we are so proud of him. 
 When I offered to bring whatever he needs to bless him the people in his life, he gave me a few ideas and then he said, "Mom, people mainly need the Word of God". 
 AMEN!!!  
That's what we all need.




1 comment:

Shauna said...

and me and me. ;)

Amen Simon!

I love your team! Can't wait for you to GO!