Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, December 12, 2014

I'm HORRIBLE at Packing!

God loves to use us in our weakness.  

2 Corinthians 12:9English Standard Version (ESV)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

One of my MAJOR weaknesses is packing.  I can not go on a 3 day weekend without forgetting something major.  I will pack 5 shirts and no pants.  I'm horrible at it!!!  
So OF COURSE the Lord would see fit to put me in charge of packing 8 people and 1800 lbs worth of stuff to take to Uganda.  He has an incredible sense of humor.

On top of THAT I am taking a few of us to Montana before and after our time in Uganda, so I'm praying I don't end up in Uganda with snow pants and have sundresses for our time in Montana.

Here's how good our God is ONCE again!!!!  A beautiful lady named Carol from Gresham showed up last weekend and brought MANY MANY things that are packed and ready to go for CSI.  This is the ministry that we will be spending our first week in Uganda with, and they are putting together a crusade and many of the things they requested Carol was able to bring right to our door ready to go. This is just another testimony of God's provision!!!

We have about another 150 lbs to pack!  I have a list of various items that have been requested by Redeemer House.  I have had minor (or major) anxiety about getting these last things together.  It's ridiculous because God always provides EXACTLY what is needed.

I'm going to post a list of the items requested and leave a drop box outside my front door and at our church.  Whatever ends up in those boxes is what the Lord intends to GO.....anything not in those boxes by Thursday afternoon will not be needed.  :)




girls underwear and sports type bras - teenage girls size
socks (red if possible - this is what they need for school)
children's books - for all ages
DVD's( RH is  getting a TV for Christmas)
Any new toys(building blocks, big trucks/cars, etc.)
bath towels, hand towels and wash clothes
school supplies of all kinds
cooking utensils (serving spoons) and eating utensils of any assortment.
organization bins. - the cloth type like the one pictured below are the easiest to pack.

 

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thank you for the specific list for those of us who LOVE TO PACK!!! Yeeee!!