Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

He Proposed After 25 Years of Marriage

Happy Anniversary!
25 years ago today.


Charlie was very sweet and had a surprise all ready for me on Sunday morning. 
 As I arrived at church, 24 people each handed me a red rose (I had no idea what was going on), and  at the start of the service, Charlie got up to do announcements and handed me a white rose and called me up to the front and made an official public proposal down on one knee.



 It was very sweet and embarrassing. 
 It's a good thing I have 25 years of maturity in this relationship because I do not like these kinds of things, but I've grown up a little and I wasn't even mad.  
I was touched and embarrassed, but mostly touched for his courage  and thoughtfulness.  
I love my man!!! 
He's a bit on the wild side, but I love him for it.


Song of Solomon 5:10-16The Message (MSG)

The Woman

10-16 
My dear lover glows with health—

    red-blooded, radiant!

He’s one in a million.

    There’s no one quite like him!

My golden one, pure and untarnished,
    with raven (silver)black curls tumbling across his shoulders.
His eyes are like doves, soft and bright,
    but deep-set, brimming with meaning, like wells of water.
His face is rugged, his beard smells like sage,
    His voice, his words, warm and reassuring.
Fine muscles ripple beneath his skin,
    quiet and beautiful.
His torso is the work of a sculptor,
    hard and smooth as ivory.
He stands tall, like a cedar,
    strong and deep-rooted,
A rugged mountain of a man,
    aromatic with wood and stone.
His words are kisses, his kisses words.
    Everything about him delights me, thrills me
        through and through!
That’s my lover, that’s my man,

    dear Jerusalem sisters.

1 comment:

Rose M Young said...

Hey Jenay and Charlie - this is Rose. That was so wonderful! I was thinking I'm so glad it is her and not me...then when I get home Rick says "maybe I should do that for our 40th"! Thanks Charlie! ...All kidding aside, beautiful show of your love for each other and encouragement for the Church!