Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

He Funds What He Favors

This is one of my most dreaded topics. 
 The finances of a mission trip, especially one that involves taking 7 of our family members across the world. 
There is nothing that seems to raise eyebrows faster than when people think of the cost of a trip like this.

I had to search my heart and make sure I was not writing this post to
 "explain ourselves". 
 I don't feel like I need to do that as much anymore. 
 THANK YOU JESUS!!!!
 *trust me, that alone took an act of God*

I have felt like the Lord was asking me to testify, to give encouragement and a testimony of what He has done.

 HIS FAITHFULNESS. 
HIS PROVISION. 

 Nobody should disqualify themselves for doing what the Lord lays on their heart because He is faithful to equip us with everything good that we need to do His will!

Hebrews 13:20-21English Standard Version (ESV)

20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus,the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21 equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us[a] that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (emphasis added by me)

The way to sum up what I have learned through this journey of stepping out in faith for adoption or missions is that
 "God funds the things He favors."


We have NEVER had the money just sitting in our account waiting for us to decide what to do with it.  I hope someday God chooses to do it this way, but so far, with us, we feel the "call"  long before we ever  have the money to do it.

I remember the first time this was soooooooooooo clear to me. 
 When we knew Esther was our daughter and we just needed to adopt her. 
 We happen to be in the midst of the WORST financial wreck we have ever experienced.


 I told the Lord we would adopt her as soon as He cleared up our financial situation. 
He, thankfully was patient and did not wipe me off the planet for telling Him what to do, but instead He impressed on my heart even stronger that we were to adopt NOW in the midst of the financial situation. 
 It was an impossible situation, but not impossible for HIM!     

I have learned that we may not have any extra money, but our heavenly Father has it all, and He loves to pick up the tab when we are acting out of obedience.

We are still not a pretty financial picture, according to the world, but I can tell you I would rather use every dime
 HE HAS BLESSED US WITH TO DO WHAT HE HAS CALLED US TO,
 rather than trying to figure out how to provide for ourselves. 
 We have tried that, and it never turns out well. 

I won't give specifics of how He provides because there is no formula, it has been different every single time.
I will say that He has been completely faithful, and every time He does it totally different and  His provision always comes after we have stepped out in faith and said YES in some way. 

 I know this is to remind us that it is HIM, and we have NOT cracked the code somehow.

Hebrews 11:29English Standard Version (ESV)

29 By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned.

We know better than to ever take this lightly and we must seek HIM every single time, not just
 "jump in"
 on our own.

  His provision may be different every time, but He is faithful and NEVER changes.
The mission may be different every time, but His purpose is ALWAYS the same.

*********HIS GLORY*********


Romans 11:36English Standard Version (ESV)

36 For from him and through him and to him are all things.To him be glory forever. Amen.

If the only "mission" we do there is to allow God to open our families eyes and hearts to more of HIM and His world and His people and to grow closer and in more awe of Him,
 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! 

  I think it is the most amazing thing God has ever allowed me to be a part of and I can't wait to share it with my kids.


1 comment:

marlece said...

One thing that I have learned thru observing these years, hearing and seeing, God's ways are not our ways His monetary system is not our monetary system, He is in charge and all of it does not look like what we ever thought or could imagine. I can cock my head side ways and say, "what?" but it's not my place to really even do that for He provides that is all there is to it. I know He will use you mightly.