Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Chaos


Psalm 9:1-2

The Message (MSG)

    I’m writing the book on your wonders.

I’m whistling, laughing, and 
jumping for joy;
    I’m singing your song, High God.
This is a picture  full of many "God stories" and "God blessings" and "God relationships".  

From the photographer, to the timing to the people and the place that it is taken...
this photo has A LOT going on.

 We met Jessie, the photographer, in Uganda as she was adopting her Ugandan daughter from Redeemer House.  We hit it off the minute we met because she acts just like "sister Susie", Charlie's baby sister.  :) 
 Charlie and her began teasing each other about 30 seconds into the relationship. She and her crazy awesome family came for the Redeemer House Reunion and she took our family photo, along with about 1000 other photos to capture the weekend fun.
She is not a huge fan of horses and they were literally breathing down her neck as she was taking these photos. 
 She is a brave girl, she is fun, she is a super great photographer, and she is a wild woman for Jesus.   

Claiborne, the amazing jumper on the left is now officially our son.
 He has been "Kole's brother" since they met each other at school last year, but I wanted him to be my son, not just Kole's brother. 
 When we knew we were going to take family photos...I bought him a t-shirt and told him straight up, "Family photos are like a covenant to me, once you take a family photo you are in for life, no backing out." 
 I gave him the choice to make the commitment or not, and he took the leap!! 
 He if officially "in the family". 
 Can I just point out what a stud he is.
  Look at that JUMP!!!! 
 I love this kid and he is stuck with us for life. 
 There are some "adoptions" that take longer to bond than others, but this kids was instant for me.
 I love him with my whole heart and he is stuck with this Mom forever! 
 I would even bribe him to talk to me this summer.  He liked my chocolate chip cookies and he had to give me 10 minutes of conversation per cookie.  I have a lot of years of "catching up". 
 I want to know my kid.

God allowed for Lashae and Chaney and Maubry to come and spend a week and enjoy the reunion with all of us and it blessed me in so many ways I can't get over it.
  To have all my chicks in the nest for a few days at the same time and to celebrate with them and to have them be able to be here for a family photo and participate in the reunion was almost more than I can take.  
I don't know why God is so good to me....but HE IS!!!

I have named this picture: 

HAPPY CHAOS

I love how the Lord does not miss a moment.  He uses EVERYTHING for His Glory!!!

I want to give Him all the praise for how he brought all this crazy family together! 
 We are messy  and scattered and CHAOTIC, and HE can EVEN use THAT.

Romans 8:28

English Standard Version (ESV)
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose.

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE.


3 comments:

marlece said...

I love this picture, it is awesome. Definitely the Christmas card for the year.

Shelly said...

I love these new pictures so much! Oh and the family in them...I couldn't be prouder to call you all our very dearest friends. Welcome to the family Claiborne! We love you Brewers!

Shelly said...

I love, love these new pictures. Oh and the people in them...I couldn't be more proud to call you all our very dearest friends. Welcome to the family Claiborne! We love you too!