Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Amazing Race


God is just so good!  

He answers prayers.  He knows our hearts. He knows our personality and He is just plain FUN. 


*I can't understand people that think Heaven is going to be boring and they have to fulfill a bucket list here on this earth.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! 

 I'm all for doing fun things on this earth, but the most fun  on earth will only be a teaser compared to the fun we will experience in Heaven. 

 I'm pretty sure HE is the one who created fun and adventure.  
He created horses and lakes and mountains and all the things we enjoy and recreate with.*


So I have been praying for a while about "my college boys". 



 God has been good to let them go to a school that they love, find each other and become brothers. 

Last year, a few of my main prayers for Kole were for him to go to church and grow in the Lord, and to find good friends.

God went  above and beyond in those prayers and many others that I prayed over him.

This year,
 I had two college boys leaving home and I have had very specific prayers AGAIN, for the both of them.

A few of the prayers included
 "transportation". 
 I wanted them  both to be able to go to church consistently and to have the 
"desire" 
to do so.  :) 


As things all worked together and plans came together to go back to school.......Charlie was able to take the time and cram into the tiny car with these college guys and "go" help them get settled into college.

 God answers prayer, and He is faithful and He is always into
 "relationship"
 with us and Him, and "relationship" with us with each other. 
 His answer is NOT about a car, or MONEY or TIME.....He uses those things for "relationship". 
 When He answers a prayer...there is always a "relationship factor", that makes it soooo much better and more complete.

I can only giggle when I think of my prayer and then I think of those boys  being a captive audience in a tiny cramped car, (the transportation prayer answered) with nothing to do but talk and share and listen.

And as only God would; He went above and beyond what I could think up or pray for, and gave the guys an adventure.  
These guys were 
NOT
 looking forward to 32 hours of road time to get to their destination....
UNTIL.....
God just made it plain fun and competitive!!!!

They realized on Friday night that our pastor and his wife, our good friends, whom we dearly love, would be preaching in Texas on Monday night, not too far from their first stop in Texas.

Once they realized this....it turned from the dread of 32 hours in a tiny car....to

THE AMAZING RACE!!!

They changed their whole plan and decided to leave early Sunday morning drive straight through with only necessary
 "pit stops"
 that were strategically planned to save time.
I laugh at what the conversations must have been like at the gas stations, as they were hustling around getting fuel and food.

"Hey boys...you are a long way from home, and you have a lot of stuff crammed in that car, where are you headed in such a rush?"
The reply,
"CHURCH!!!!!!!"

32 hours 6 states 2100 miles and 2 time zones later 

THEY MADE IT!!!!

They made their goal!! 
 They had fun, felt like they won the RACE and had a good time surprising Pastor Jordan and Lacey.  

They were exhausted, sleep deprived, sore bodies, and couldn't be a single bit happier.

 Charlie must have felt like he was back on a rodeo trail of sorts.

I love that God gave them
"transportation"
 and blew me away with their 
"desire"
 to go to church!!!!

He answers prayers!!!!!




3 comments:

Shauna said...

How cool is THAT? Praise the Lord and yes, He is SO creative!!!!!

Shelly said...

I love this! Wish we could have all showed up to surprise Jordan and Lacey. I would have loved to see the look on their faces when they saw Charlie and the boys walk in!

marlece said...

Now that is dedication. Pastor Jordan must have thought, "geez, I can't go anywhere without one of THEM Brewers following me around! ha! That is funny, and I love how that made it such a mission. Mission Impossible it sounds like to me, that many hours in the car at one time? I think I'd rather.....well, let's say not a good idea unless you want to send me right to the loonie bin.

Yes, and your Momma prayers....were answered Praise the Lord!