Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Redeemer House Reunion 2013

Twelve families have adopted from Redeemer House.  The families and several loving encouraging support people were able to join in a time of celebration and remembrance of all the things God has done through our individual journeys.


Joshua 4:8-9

The Message (MSG)
8-9 The People of Israel did exactly as Joshua commanded: They took twelve stones from the middle of the Jordan—a stone for each of the twelve tribes, just as God had instructed Joshua—carried them across with them to the camp, and set them down there. Joshua set up the twelve stones taken from the middle of the Jordan that had marked the place where the priests who carried the Chest of the Covenant had stood. They are still there today.



The thing that resounded to my heart all weekend was how God hand picked each child and family to be together, just as He wove each child in their mother's womb, He wove together each family. 

He placed together children in their families and He brought together such a bigger picture and circle than just the child or the family, but it extends
 far and wide.  

As my sister pointed out, it would be amazing if we could draw circles of the families and then draw lines to show how each family is connected, to give a visual of all the different ways we are all connected. 
 It would be like a ball of yarn, 
messy and tangled 
and beautiful and colorful and continuous. 

 You can not find the beginning or the end and the more you dive into it all the more it grows.

 I'm in awe of God.
80 people got together for a weekend of celebration for the things that God has done.  I am once again blown away by the connections and the miracles and the relationships and the answer to prayers and the
LOVE
 that was gathered in one group of people from all over the country and ultimately from many countries!
 These girls are sisters in Christ and orphanage sisters and friends from Africa, now in America and someday in heaven.


 God surprised me with many extra added blessings from the connections and the relationships this weekend. 
 I met people (Matt  :) ) that I consider AMAZING mentors to my older kids. 
Matt:  This is a public request to continue to press in...I know this was a God connection.  
  I spoke  and prayed with precious friends(Rick and Wendi) that have helped open my eyes to some things I've been struggling with. 
 We have connections that extend far beyond Redeemer House,
 and God just used this 
"meeting point, this reunion"
 to bring us together to discover that He has so much more for us.
These boys came into their "forever family" about the same time. 
 One is my son, one is my nephew.  They are from 2 different countries.  
They are cousins and I'm in awe of the story this picture tells.


 I was in a serious tail spin on Friday night because people were due to arrive and many had traveled from all over the country to gather and have a reunion and praise our God for all He had done. 
 Just as it was supposed to get started at our house......
A STORM MOVED IN
it poured and blew and it was a
 mess.

 Let me explain the people God had brought together for this occasion....everyone pitched in....piled in, squished in and smiled and laughed and visited and adjusted through it all. 

Storms come to distract and discourage and if we keep our eyes on Jesus, and not our decorated lives or 
"our expectations" 
 God 
can make it so much better than we could have ever planned or anticipated.


We moved all the festivities into the barn and it was a picture of flexibility and joy and working together and closeness.
It was a picture of the adoption journey and our families.

 We tried to make it beautiful and polished and well planned,
 and God washed and blew it all to pieces,
 and
 He
 put it together, put us together so much better, and sweeter and tighter.  :)





Things are  constantly changing in our lives
in our families
 and in Redeemer House.

I need to continue to look to Jesus and not
"my expectations"
or
"my plans"
or
"my life"
but continually look to 
JESUS
 and Him alone and the things He has done and the things He has yet to do.

I need to trust His plan...even if it a last minute move or change or adjustment.  During the storms that will always come, just keep my eyes on Jesus.  As Dan (one of the adoptive dads) pointed out...as others may be stepping out of the boat during a storm...encourage them!!!! 
 What would that have been like for Peter to have the 11 that stayed in the boat as he stepped out to meet Jesus, encouraging him and rooting for him.

I thank Jesus that He has allowed me to be a part of the things He has done and I ask Him to continue to allow me to be a part of His plans.

Psalm 91:1-2, 14-16

English Standard Version (ESV)

My Refuge and My Fortress

91 
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say[a] to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”


14 
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;

    I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
16 
With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

I was reminded to NOT put God in a box.....
as I listened and heard and of how each of our journeys to this meeting point,
 this reunion, 
were so totally different and yet connected and God used it 
ALL!!!!

He used is all and continues to use it all for
 His GLORY!!!




2 comments:

Shauna said...

Beautifully written!! Well said!

marlece said...

awesome and beautiful!