Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bull Riders - Brothers - Traveling Partners

Where has Charlie been?
This is a picture of Charlie in the bull riding days.

He is working out of town, he's not too far away, so we do get to see him on the weekends, but during the week he is working and he is staying with an old friend. 
 Not "old"  in the sense of age, but "old" in the fact that he has been friends with Scott since before I was in the picture.  

Scott and Charlie go back to "bull rider days" together.  They were "traveling partners".
  If you don't know anything about bull riders and the lifestyle of these guys, let me give you a brief description.

These guys are "brothers", they travel around on a hope and a prayer.  They are broke most of the time, as they are putting their very lives in danger, one bull at a time. 
 These guys always have a good time, they are "brothers". 
 They look after each other, they help each other, they cheer for one another, they take care of each other's injuries ( and there's plenty of those to go around in a van full of bull riders).  They share everything, if one guy has a good go at a rodeo he helps get everyone to the next one.  

It's been a lot of years since Charlie and Scott were traveling around together, but once a  traveling partner, always a traveling partner through the journey of LIFE.

 They may not talk often or do anything together, or the same, for years at a time, but they are brothers to the core.

When Charlie realized where he would be working he did not hesitate to call Scott, and ask if he could "crash" at his place.  Scott did not hesitate to open his door wide open.
  Not a question, just open door.  

This is not the first time his door has been open to us Brewers. 
 When Charlie and I were first married, and my job was based in Portland, Scott's folks, who barely knew me, opened their door and their hearts to me anytime and every time I needed a place to stay.

Charlie and Scott's lives look very different to most people. 
 Scott, is single with no kids, and Charlie is married with a lot of kids.  
They may have taken different routes in life, but they are 2 guys that have a history and a brotherhood that can never be forgotten or taken away.  
When I call in the evenings to talk to Charlie they sound the same as they did over 20 years ago.

BUDDIES - BROTHERS

I want to thank Scott for taking my man in, and being such a good brother.  Since I'm not there to look after him, I know Scott has his back, just as he did over 20 years ago. 
 I thought I'd give Scott a big shout out to say thanks and let him know a few things.
  I want Scott to know what is going on at his "brothers" house on this side of the mountain.

MY THANKS TO SCOTT:

Thank you for opening your door and your heart to Charlie and ultimately our whole family....hey, we are a herd...you accept one of us, you accept us all.  Hehe  
You are just one good guy with big fun-loving heart.

 I thought I should let you know something though; 
I am praying for you...as is the rest of the herd.

You are taking care of my man and I pray for him, so I've conveniently added you to my list. 
 And just so you know, for whatever reason, not because of anything I've done or said, but just because
 God is so gracious and good, 
He listens to my prayers. 
 He has done amazing things in my life, and the lives of the people I love, just because I've asked Him to.

You see, I have a lot of time to talk to God, because I'm at home a lot and most of my duties are ones I can do without thinking, so I pray
 When I'm baking cookies for you and Charlie, or making soup,
 I just PRAY and God hears me.

**God listens to mothers - Jesus' first miracle was done at His mother's request.  I think He has a special affection for a Mother's request.**

While I may not be your mother, there's a simple rule of nature, that once you become a mother, you just want to mother everyone.  

Here's my prayer for you: 

 I'm praying for big blessings of peace and love and joy abounding in your life.  

  So I suggest you 

~put on your cowboy hat~
~cinch up your belt~
~walk in your cowboy boots~
~wear your protective vest~

~get down in the chute~
 ~raise your hand in the air~

~LOOK UP and nod  "YES" to bring it on.~

Be prepared for things to get crazy GOOD in your life, because that's what I'm praying for you.

I'm praying for the
 "ride of your life", 
and you will never be the same!!!!

This is a wedding photo, and Scott is on the bottom left.....always by Charlie's side.  



3 comments:

marlece said...

I love this post and well deserved. This, hasn't just prompted 'your herd' to put Scott on the list I've now got him on my list. So Scott? You are well prayed for at the moment. Happy riding, and thanks for taking in Charles I know that you feel much better about him being away when he's rooming with someone you trust, yes Jenay?!

The McKinnon Crew said...

Love this...we miss your man, too!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

My hubby knows all about those good buddies, when 'going down' the road.