Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, March 12, 2012

A Lump the Size of Texas

I have a lump in my throat the size of Texas. 

 It's a lump that swells up a lot right now.
  It swells whenever I talk about Kole or Texas.

When the lump acts up the eyes water at the same time....it's just a mess!!!


 Kole is a Senior and I'm so proud of him, and I'm excited about his future; he is looking at Texas for college. 
 Him and Charlie are leaving this week to go check it out. 
 Kole has already been accepted and has a full-ride scholarship.
THANK YOU JESUS! 
 He is going for tour of the school and an orientation  to the engineering program. 

 Charlie is going with him, and he has an appointment as well. 
 He is talking to a company down there about construction. 

 I have no idea what the Lord has in mind with all this.
 I'm excited one minute, and panicked the next, thus, the LUMP swells again.  

We are asking the Lord for 
direction and for guidance
 and a very CLEAR answer to college, and everything else.

One thing I know for sure; I'm very excited about the time Charlie and Kole will get to spend together touring around Texas.
  I'm excited about Kole's future and our future.
  Whatever that looks like, I don't know, but I do know
 WHO
 holds the future and so I'm excited to see what He has in store.

 I remember feeling this same way when Charlie and Lashae left for Africa.
  I had no idea what would come of it all, but I knew it was already in the Lord's hands and it was going to be
 GOOD and LIFE CHANGING.
I knew I had zero control of any of it, which just makes me go to the One in control.

  This is the exact way I feel now, about Kole and Charlie's Texas trip and the future.


James 4:13-17

English Standard Version (ESV)

Boasting About Tomorrow

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17  So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.


2 comments:

marlece said...

oh Jenay, I have the lump too. It's weird how that creates watering of the eyes?

I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store. I think it will look a whole lot like Africa in a different way but it will bring miraculous change that is undeniably the Lord's hand. Can't wait to watch and SEE!

Lashae Bowen said...

Life will never be the same. But God has big things in store for the whole Brewer clan! And as for Kole, the lump and the tears are all there. :( He is growing up much too fast. So excited for my family though. Can't wait to hear all about it!