Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Man is ManUp!



I posted last week that I felt once Charlie and Kole went to Texas our lives would never be the same. 
 That is very true ALREADY!! 

Charlie's HEARING will never be the same. 

Kole has been wanting to go to a MAN UP conference, they have a bunch of Christian music groups that he really enjoys. 
 The groups are hard core Christian Rap Artists...they can rap entire books of the Bible. 

 They are incredible in their talent, and totally sold out Jesus lovers.

As it turned out guess who happened to be in Austin Texas the same time as Charlie and Kole......yep, all the groups that Kole has been wanting to see.  

There is a HUGE music festival going on in Austin right now, and the ONLY Christian label there, happens to be the artists that Kole has been wanting to see.
  All performing in one concert from 9pm - to all horrible hours of the morning.

So my 48 year old awesome MAN...MANED UP and went to the RAP concert with Kole. 
 It was good stuff, they both really liked it, but Charlie is claiming to now be deaf and he claims that he was the "oldest" guy there. He also can not believe that they left at 1:38am and the concert was still going strong!!

That is the time Charlie has told me over and over...not 1:30 or 1:40, but 1:38am.  (makes me smile)

 I laugh every time I think of my small town cowboy man in his cowboy boots, with his very silver hair and his very white and weathered skin just rockin' rappin' out at a Christian rap concert!

 Now THAT IS MAN UP!!!!

I know you can't hear me Charlie, because it has caused permanent hearing damage, but it was a sweet gift from God to our son to have that concert in Austin at the same time he was there, and it was a sweet gift from you to take him and sacrifice your hearing!! 

I'm totally sure, it was worth it~!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile. My cowboy husband likes rock, and not too long ago he and I went to a Disciple concert.

marlece said...

way to MAN UP Charles Brewer, what a M.A.N.!!! Don't let no one hold you back ole boy, you go for it! High five to you! I think you forgot your Africa 'church all day worship' when you had to leave in the early hour of the morning when they were STILL goin strong worshipping our God. And I know without a shadow of a doubt, you are Kole's hero for life. It is sealed!

Shauna said...

Divine Apt for sure!!! Ask Charlie if it brought him back to our head bangin' days? :)

Those are sweet memories made! Sounds like Charlie will have lasting effects…lol.