Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, February 17, 2012

All Things Work Together for Good

Romans 8:28

New International Version (NIV)
 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

 In the midst of a lot of good and difficult changes and hardships, that Lashae and Chaney are going through in their young married life....broken down truck, financial hard times, a big LONG move (further from me, ugh.), a change of job, pregnancy (hormones), and all that comes with being newly weds, pregnant, and away from everything familiar...God gives GOOD GOOD gifts.

 And God is so good that He works some good things into some difficult situations.  The only thing Charlie and I can spare right now to help anyone   is a truck and a person...so guess what Chaney and Lashae happen to need for just a while...a truck and a person. 

 The good news is, I get to see my girl!!!!  Yep....You heard right, Lashae is flew in Wednesday night!!!  She will hang with us for a few days and then she will take a truck and her sister and they will head to Montana to get ready for a big move.  I'm so excited and amazed at how the Lord can turn all things to GOOD!  

I would have never wished their truck to break down and cost them a lot of money, but only God can bring a gift out of that, and the gift is, that me and Lashae have been aching ACHING to see each other, I miss her so bad, and I just need to lay eyes on her, as it so "happens", out of their hardship, we get to see each other, and spend some time together.

I just want to add;  I'm so proud of these young married kids of mine.  They are doing so well.  They love each other a ton, and they love the Lord and seek HIM in every single decision they make.  So whenever I get on my high horse and start worrying about stupid stuff, I am ever so gently reminded(and sometimes less gently..Robert) that they hear from the Lord, they seek Him daily, and Chaney is a man of his house and a man of God...so I'm trying to crawl off my high horse and just remember this and be thankful, so thankful!


PS...I just have to add something I think is so precious...it's just a glimpse of how Dads are always Dads, and their little girls are always their Princesses that they will literally take off their shirt...shoes...or tires...to give only "the best" to their girls.  


When I told Charlie that Lashae and Chaney needed a truck for a bit, and I had offered them the Ford, which is in great shape, runs perfect, not one problem with it, but it is older than his, and the tires are not as good, Charlie said, "NO WAY", I was like, "WHAT???"  He said, "She will take MY TRUCK, it has better tires and it's just better, and she needs my truck." 


 Oh..how this blessed my heart.


Then I was talking to my dad, Lashae's Papa, and he heard of the situation and he said, "Ok, how can I help, I want to do something."  I had to laugh, because he already did without knowing it at the time, he gave Charlie the really good snow tires that are on Charlie's truck that he is lending to Lashae.  I love how everyone got to be a part of it without knowing what was going to be needed. 


 If our dad's on this earth care so much about our every need and are willing to give only their best...How much more does our Father in heaven give?
He gave His only Son to die for us so we may have eternal life with Him and He will gives us everything we need on this earth, and PERFECT HEAVEN  for the rest of ETERNITY once we leave this earth...Oh, there are some good Fathers on this earth, but our Heavenly Father is Perfect and gave it all once and for all!


3 comments:

Farm School Marm said...

Great post - and so glad you got to see your baby!

Shauna said...

Awww….. how sweet. We have good men!

marlece said...

I love this and I love the 'daddy' aspect of it. I should test this on Uncle Jim....he would probably be like, "my truck is sitting I'll just drive there and hitch hike home...." Can you see it?

I love that you get to see your pregnant girl.