Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Thanks Meme and Papa

I'm sending a big 'ole shout out to my parents...to say THANK YOU for all you did.  My parents have been here for Maezie's birth, and they just left the other day to go attend to the other 21 grand-kids.  When you have that many you must keep moving onto the next set of needs.  My sis and her hubby are facing a big move to a different state and they have 5 children...3 of which are very young...so needless to say there is a need for mom and dad to move their big RV to the next station.

My mom was great, she did all the chores I hate....shopping, pharmacy runs, pick up this, go here, go there.  She also did a few chores I love, we were in competition for the wash machine...like mother like daughter, we both find peace and accomplishment in the laundry room so it was a race to see who could throw in the next load...I have NEVER had the laundry so caught up.  We were practically stripping the kids as they walked through the door to see if we could start the next load.  It just feels good to have that machine going.  It is music to my ears, like a lullaby playing.

My dad gave me a great gift; he had my car detailed.  Most of you who know me....know "my dirty car"...I just have let this one go, I don't pay much attention to it, I just jump in and GO to the next thing...I have mail in the dash, dirt EVERYWHERE, and food in every pocket...I've just grown to not care about it.  But, my dad is a firm believer in, "cleanliness is next to godliness" and from His observation I need some godliness in my car.  It is beautiful and shiny and clean.  My kids did not even recognize it when he brought it home.  Of course the next day....he caught us eating in the clean car at a drive-up...and I just wanted to duck and hide, but he pulled up right next to us, and as we were shoving french fries in our mouths...I apologized and told him I was being very careful....he responded by saying he wasn't supposed to be eating there either, because of his restricted diet (ya right), and so we agreed to keep each other's little "drive-thru" a secret.  So....don't tell that I told. 

Anyway...thanks again mom and dad.  

8 comments:

Shauna said...

This is the funniest post.

OK - since they stepped foot here I have not entered the laundry room and pretty sure I can see the laundry room floor for the first time! I so did not inherit that gift! And she keeps doing all my dishes! Niiiiiiice.

AND Dad was telling me about your car so I started thinking "maybe he'll do mine too!! ;)" then it was followed by - "your car looks good" - aw bummer! hehe

marlece said...

This is the best post. I am laughing 'til I want to cry. They do know how to meet a need when we have a baby. I think I'll have another JUST so they'll come and compete over laundry, holding baby, making food, doing errons, staying in the room when my babies are being circumsized as I sit in the car and bawl, play cards with the other kids, the list goes on....we are blessed!

Laurel said...

You are so BLESSED to have such close family. I have never had a bit of help after each of my kids were born. When we brought the twins home, my older kids were just 2, 3, 4. Yep. 5 kids under 5 years old and I was "on my own" from day 1, without any help (and hubby had to go to work the next day). Crazy times.

I dream of owning a big RV and traveling between our kids houses once they all have kids. With 12 children, we have told them that we just might park our big RV in each of their driveways for 1 month of each year. Isn't that a great plan? No need for us to even own a home ... we can just travel. (Maybe with a cabin by a lake that we can all retreat to now and then.)

Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Meme said...

We loved your post, had a good laugh over the "car needing some godliness"...too funny!! We miss our Brewer Bunch, just wish my chicks lived closer together, we need a jet instead of an RV...lol..thanks for sharing your babies with us and your washing machine! Hugs & kisses to all the BB's.

tawnya said...

ohhhhh ya....I got my car detailed too. Almost worth having another baby lol....rick loves when mom does our laundry. for some reason our clothes have the best smell to them...I know its got my mamas touch to them. Now its my turn again.... yay!

Jill said...

Oh I love this! Your mom and my mom surely must be related... Many morning when I am at work, mom comes over early and you guessed it, she does laundry. I am so thankful we have such wonderful moms! I do always remember that feeling of home with Aunty Peg, and now I realize, it must have been the washing machine! Glad you are all doing well! And Sha, I didn't get the gift either... :-)

Charity said...

ha ha I always love your post! I have a feeling Grandma Franke taught all of the girls this because this sounds exactly like my mom LOL - They rock at keeping a house running that is for sure! Our dad's also have the same belief - my dad will pick up a speck of dirt off the floor mat of his car - and food is not eaten in it at all (of course this rule does not apply to his chocolate milk shake runs that he is not supposed to have ;-) ssshhhh)

Aunty Dolly said...

Well, this really made me laugh, 'cause I think I'M the laundry QUEEN!!! However, I do believe it has something to do with the generation 'us girls' were raised in. You had a laundry day and you GOT IT DONE!!! Mine's going RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE!! I love clean clothes and the smell and the feel and the stacks..ha! Thanks for this very fun post!! (Jenay you like laundry, cause you got the gene..ha)