Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

How's the Prego???

A good laugh!!!!!

How's the prego doin????


 Well......very good considering I was told yesterday by a very "well intended person" I'm just sure....that I needed my head examined, I mean WHAT WAS I THINKING, and  I must be crazy, and I was too old to be pregnant.

 Well, let me tell you...I just had to laugh, because yes...I do feel crazy most of the time, but that happened LOOONNNGG before I got pregnant, AND it wasn't thinking and planning that got me pregnant...if ya'll know what I mean...AND I'm apparently NOT too old, because I'm definitely pregnant.  She went on to say that she probably shouldn't make light of it or laugh, and I said, Oh honey I've been laughing the hardest of anyone so feel free.

 It was all very awkward, but such a moment of "being pregnant"...any pregnant woman knows there's just this awkwardness that seems to come over people sometimes when a woman is expecting...so I have the added fun of being "mature" AND already having 5  kids, so in OTHER WORDS..I should know what causes this.  But let me assure you, I knew EVEN before I had 1 kid, what causes this...and that is just another benefit of living on a ranch. hehehe...  Non of the "awkward conversations" bother me AT ALL...it just makes me giggle...maybe that's the "mature" part or it could be the "crazy" part, but it works out either way.

I saw my doc today, and we will be having a baby sooner than later....I have another appointment on Tues. but if we haven't had baby by then, we will be making an appointment to induce, because AGAIN...my AGE...it is best to get the baby out after 38 weeks...there's just a bit more risk when you are a bit older...OK, WHATEVER!!!!  I'm game...I prefer NOT to be induced simply because I have never had too, so I'm just praying that this baby decides to "head out" before that appointment needs made.

Anywho....the baby is great...I'm feeling pretty good, I'm finally nesting a bit and getting excited to meet this little love, face to face.  I already love her soooo much, and I'm so grateful that God has better plans for us than we have for ourselves, because I already can NOT imagine my life without her.  Lashae is flying in on Tuesday night...I'm so excited, THAT ALONE was worth 9 months of pregnancy right there...to have my girl come home for a few days...YIPPEE ME!!!!

I've been BLESSED with so many girl things I am set and ready to go...do not need a thing.  Thank you to all of you mamas out there that have given and given once again!

6 comments:

Alison said...

So excited for ya'll to welcome your new baby into the world!!! It sounds like it will be pretty soon!

Welcome! said...

All I can say is it's a VERY good thing I was not standing nearby when this conversation with "Little Miss Good Intentions" took place! She would be missing her HEAD! 'Cuz I would of bit it OFF!! Can't wait to meet the new little Brewer Baby!! Go God!!

marlece said...

Can't wait to eat this baby! And yes, my theory? God gives 'old' mom's a new baby to keep them 'young'.....so there! Happy pushing and can't wait!

Shauna said...

Oh!!!! People are funny - glad you laugh - keep it up! I think the point is - you are obviously not too old - hello! If you were and if God was done - a new niece for me would not be on her way!!!

We Are Family said...

I love it!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Do not fear being induced. I was induced 6 of 9 pregnancies. I kind of liked the aspect of planning and being prepared on "the day".

Everyone thought I was too old to get pregnant this year. But, we were so excited to be having a baby right before my 50th birthday ... and so sad when we lost the baby (which my doc assured had nothing to do with my age).

I don't know your age, but I had baby #10 the day before I turned 40. And, I totally agree with your sis, that our young ones keep us young. Oh. My. Yes. All of my peers have empty nests, and I LOVE the fact that I still have 6 young ones at home to teach and to train. So glad we did not stop after "only 6 kids". So blessed that the Lord chose to give us 6 more.

So excited for you, and this precious GIFT that the Lord has blessed you with.

Laurel