Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of High School for Charsie, and Another Little Confession

Charsie's first day of school today...first day of high school!  


This girl of mine has home schooled for 2 years now, and so I can not tell you how bad I'm going to miss this girl.    I miss her because she is a huge help and so organized and a real go-getter...but I also just flat enjoy her company.  She is funnier than a crutch and she's deep...she may be young, but she just "gets it" ya know.  She is not selfish AT ALL....she is a giver of herself..her time..EVERYTHING.  We had our little routines that we enjoyed...lunch in town on Wednesdays after Bible study, watch a little Reba sometimes in the afternoon.

   So.....today, I'm excited for her and her new beginning as a high school student going to school, but I'm broken hearted, I just have to keep givin' up my girls lately, and I'm NOT liking it AT ALL, I am fully aware of how fast time goes by especially once they hit high school age, and soon driving and you wonder where the time has gone.
And here's the truth, I'm also a little bit scared....I haven't had to do this on my own for 2 full years and I hope I can handle it...Reece scares me just a little. I asked her if she was really going to trust me alone with him...she said she has confidence that I can do it!!!   Thank God, Charsie's new school allows her to have her phone so if I have questions or an emergency I can call or text.  Whew!!!!
Look at that little face...you have to admit, you would be a little scared as well.  hehe!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Too much already. Time to stop all thisgrowing and change! :)))

Lashae Bowen said...

I have tears in my eyes. Why/when did my little sister grow up? I mean she already runs the house but when did she get old enough to be in high school. Mom, if I were you I would be scared too (i was scared to move here and be a wife without her...and I don't have a Reece.) He is going to miss her. It cracks me up though that you need to text HER if there is a problem haha!! Love it so much. Love you. and good luck with our Roo! :)

drillerbob said...

I have been thinking about you all morning and wondering how you were doing without your "wife"? Guess it's time for Esther to step it up! LOL...Love you all.

drillerbob said...

I have been thinking about you all morning and wondering you your are doing without your "wife"? Maybe it is time for Esther to step it up! LOL...Love you all.

marlece said...

I'm laughing and crying because I am with you in so many ways. I know you are probably in your cave so don't want to call unless you are wanting to come out. I will try to not bother you!