Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Teachable Moments

If you are wanting to get A Hart for Esther raffle details please click on A Hart for Esther.



The Lord has shown me over and over again, especially through this journey of adopting Esther...that I can do nothing on my own. He is the provider, He is the Creator, He is the Way the Truth and the Life. One of the things that I struggle with is I get EXCITED and go off on my own...with very good intentions, but ON MY OWN...so He reminded me again the other day that He is the Source of EVERYTHING and I'm to just abide in Him.



John 15:4-5 (English Standard Version)
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.




A couple of times throughout this adoption I have wanted to PUSH and MAKE IT HAPPEN...get on with it already. That's NOT the way it works, and soooo in the midst of it God is teaching me some valuable lessons.



One of those reminders came when Paypal called me and said we needed to discontinue using them for our raffle because they do not allow raffle tickets to be sold through them. Oh my goodness the panic button was hit in my stomach....WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO???? I had some creative thinking going on, and I prayed about it, and this is what I came up with....I'm not going to to ANYTHING...I'm going to take paypal off and I'm going to trust the Lord! I'm going to trust that every ticket that He wants sold; He will see to it that it is sold. He reminded me that youtube, facebook, paypal, blogging are all TOOLS and He has allowed us to use them, but those tools are not what is selling tickets. The Lord is in total control. So I rest in that and I rejoice knowing it is NOT up to me to MAKE IT HAPPEN, it is up to me to do what HE has laid on my heart and to do it with EXCELLENCE, but to trust in Him alone.




1 comment:

marlece said...

you listen and hear from Him so well. It is so good that you are sensative and patience when us Franke girls would just like to it and take care of it!