Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, January 14, 2011

My 40th Birthday

Yes indeed, I turned the big 4...o....yesterday. I had a very blessed day. My friends and family showered me with love, food, gifts, phone calls, faceb**k messages. It was a good one. I ate good all day, I was spoiled and loved on. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.





My day ended with a text message from one of our dearest friends, a text that said that their mother, Donna, had gone to be with the Lord. These are the close kind of friends that we share life with....the good the bad and the ugly We rejoice together when kids are born, when kids graduate, when kids go off to college or whatever, you laugh and you cry together, you grieve together when there is hard times, when there are trials, or when there is a loss in the family We know each other's family...all the parents, the cousins, the brothers, the sisters....we know all of it, because we've spent time together and you get involved, and then you become closer and you become friends with the family, you ask about them, you exchange cards, you get health updates...that's the kinda friends I'm talking about.



Well, those friends lost their very precious mom on my 40th birthday. I know it is not about me, but I'll tell you, WHAT AN HONOR to share a day with a saint going to heaven and meeting her savior on my birthday. She was such a dear, and she loved the Lord and I can tell you when she got to heaven the angels went nuts with praise!!! So on earth we are missing a precious lady, a mom, a grandma, a wife, a friend, but we know where she is and we can't help but be happy for her.




Our friends are grieving but they have no doubt where she is, and this woman did not waste time on this earth, she glorified God in everything she did. She raised a beautiful family who has gone on to raise beautiful families. So she leaves a legacy of love for her Lord, and love of people. Everyone who came into contact with Donna was blessed by her.

1 comment:

marlece said...

I am glad you enjoyed your 40th and I am also sorry your friend passed away. I think this was a beautiful tribute to her. Nice job.........