Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, January 24, 2011

A "Hart for Esther..A Day in the life of the journey

If you are looking for details about the drawing...keep scrolling...it's at the end of the post. :)

So here's how my day goes according to my emotions these days....

4:30am get up...spend time with the Lord, everything feels good, this is my favorite part of the day.

5:30am run with friends, everything feels good.

7:30am take a shower, a few tears usually, just overwhelmed with all that is going on, anticipating everything coming up; travel, leaving the kids, leaving the business, having Charlie not working for several weeks.

8:30am check computer, usually more tears, just tears of gratefulness because someone wrote a note of encouragement, or we find out one more box has been checked and we are closer to bringing our Esther home, or anther ticket has been sold.

8:35am next e-mail read...fear creeps in, this could happen anytime...am I ready? Can I leave my other children in the USA while I bring home their sister??

8:45am I'm ready..put me on the plane right NOW!!! Just ready to bring Esther home.

9:00am I'm off the roller coaster for a few minutes and have to attend to other duties of life.

9:30am I've hit another low point. I'm trying to figure out finances, balancing checkbook, paying bills, opening mail. Fear and anxiety are gripping me.

12noon I'm struggling with my 3 year old who won't nap and won't poop in the potty...is God sure I can handle another child, because I'm having my doubts.

2:00pm I pick up the mail and get more unexpected encouragement. People I don't even know are supporting us,rooting for us and praying for us.

3:oopm I check the computer again...nothings happened for several hours...fear creeps in...Dear Lord,we have it ALL on the line.

4:00pm I'm preparing for dinner and listening to praise music...all is well again...feeling confident that we are going to walk this thing out, and God is walking us through every single step.

6:00pm Charlie comes home and tells me about someone he's talked to on the job, and they are buying a raffle tkt, they just want to see us get our daughter home..**more tears**. Grateful, overwhelmed with blessing for a man that talks about God and adoption on a building job site, and co-workers that are right along side him. Big strong men with tender hearts and glassy eyes.

8:00pm Feeling tired and thankful and frustrated. The kids are home *joy*...they day is ending *thankful*....the house is a wreck *frustrated*.

9:00pm Praying to God I see the bed soon so I can get off this roller coaster for just a few hours.


I just want you to see the truth of how this goes. I've heard others refer to it as the end of pregnancy...I feel like I'm pregnant with my 6 th child at 40 years old, and she is 9 years overdue. I'm so glad she's coming home, I'm grieving the years we've lost with her. I'm emotional and touchy and wondering how this is all going to work. Child birth is right around the corner and I'm excited and nervous.....but ultimately TRUSTING IN THE LORD. He has been so faithful, and He has just shone on this family through this journey.


Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.


A Hart for Esther Details:

We are raffling off our 4 horse Hart trailer as a way to help with the costs associated with international adoption. We are raising money to travel to Ug*nda and to keep things going at home while we are gone. In order to bring Esther home, both parents, Charlie and Jenay will need to travel to Ug*nda to appear before the Ug*nda courts.

Please click on the video on the right to see our story, and click on the pictures on the right to see more pictures of the Hart trailer.

The raffle begins on January 17. You can click on the donate button on the right. Then please click here brewerbunch6@msn.com and leave me your :

Name
Address
Phone number
e-mail

If you perfer to send via regular mail, please email me or call at 541-420-5265 and let me know you are wanting a ticket. And you can mail the check to:

PO Box 1935
Redmond, OR 97756

Cks payable to: Charles Brewer and in the memo please write: A Hart for Esther

We will send you a ticket in the mail, and also a confirmation via e-mail. We will not use your information for anything else. We will be very sensitive to your privacy.



Ticket sales are limited to 110. They are $250.00 a piece. We will keep this site updated as to how many are sold, and we will post the video of the drawing on Feb. 14!


We will draw and announce the winner of the Hart Trailer on Feb. 14, 2011. We will deliver the trailer to the winner anywhere in the continental U.S. by the end of February.





6 comments:

Linda said...

I came across your blog from Lovin'Much - and fell in joy with your video about your precious child. Your family is an inspiration. I will be praying for your journey - that funds are met, that travels are safe, that your girl is in your arms soon. Wishing you happy all week.

drillerbob said...

I Love You. How do you do it? YOU AMAZE ME!

Cooking Up Faith said...

Hang in there girl! I have been praying about this and asking God to provide the $250 we need to buy a ticket. I almost can't wait to write my post tonight about how God has answered my prayer!

marlece said...

ok sister that part about being pregnant with number 6 and 9 years over due? Tears, tears!! I love that!

Cooking Up Faith said...

My check is going in the mail tomorrow! :)

The McKinnon Crew said...

Sweet friend...you are an inspiration & encouragement in so many ways! All this going on & you have time for my dinky little questions...you probably want to scream at me, "FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF....I DID!" But that's not you...you're patient, kind & fully amazing! Love you!