Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Reece.


Yesterday was Reece's 3rd birthday.

This kid is a total blessing. He is sweet, and cute, and naughty, and smart, and humbling, and HILARIOUS. Sometimes we need to discipline him, but we are trying so hard not to laugh that we just have to walk away.

*I know....not the best parenting technique, but he is just FULL OF IT all the time.*

He can shout "AMEN" louder than anyone at church, and his timing is always perfect.

Reece is teaching us many things....mainly patience at this point. :) He is just a light in this family, and we truly would be lost without him. He is full of energy like nobody's business. It takes ALL of us to keep up with this little body FULL of energy.

He keeps us on our toes when we aren't rolling on the floor laughing!!!


Yesterday, Charlie calls me from work and says he has an idea of what to do for Reece on his birthday....I say that I am all ears....He says we have not yet dedicated him to the Lord...I mean we have prayed for him, and asked the Lord's hand on his life many times, but we have never done it officially with others from our church family....so last night at the prayer meeting we dedicated Reece. It was very cool, and so fun to do on his 3rd birthday. Luke is the only one missing from the picture because he was at AWANA, which was at the same church building. However, in true Reece from, we had a VERY small window of opportunity before he had a major melt down, so we just proceeded with dedication and pictures without taking the time to pull Luke out of his class.


2 comments:

marlece said...

Reece, happy birthday and happy dedication.I think the picture you used in the front is PERFECT, it speaks volume of 'who Reece is!' I love this kid and he brings joy into my life that is a fact.

Kathy said...

How cool that you dedicated Reece on his birthday! I'm sharing this with Esther. Don't have internet at the orphanage now, so can't share pics with her just yet.

What you said about Reece reminds me of what Shauna told me about Lily. She said Ashton was naughty, and Dawson was funny, but Lily was naughty and funny, and that was a bad combination! I remember trying to discipline my kids and trying to keep from laughing at the same time! I'm glad you have a kid like that!