Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, December 13, 2010

MBM-God Changes Minds in the Night!



This is a Memorial Box Monday story that is HOT off the press. I have been so excited to tell this story even before it was a finished story....when the battle was hot Linny said that we should pray and believe this is going to be a MBM story. Well, praise God she was right ON because God did a mighty work.
We are in the process of adopting Esther a 9 year old love from Ug*nda. We have been working on our home study, we have attended classes, we have filled out papers, we have had fingerprints, gone to the Dr., notarized, notarized, notarized, we have done 4 hrs of on-line classes, paperwork....on and on.....We were rejoicing because our home visit with the social worker from our agency was scheduled for this Friday. Oh we were thrilled, it worked perfect, our son did not have a basketball game; ( which is unusual for a Fri. nt) everything just seemed to be falling into place perfectly. We were ready and excited to get to the next phase of this adoption and get our daughter home.
I can not give all the details ....but there was a terrible misunderstanding....not with us, but with some other communication that was going on.......again I can not give the details, but it was concerning enough that we got an e-mail on Thurs. evening that said our home visit was cancelled and our money could be refunded.
WHAT????? WHAT?????? WHAT?????? WHAT????
Oh my goodness, I was absolutely thrown for a loop. The only thing I knew to do was to pray and to let others know so they could pray. And that's what happened we stormed heaven, and on a moments notice people prayed and people fasted, some people I don't even know, but they know the Lord and they care for the orphan. We prayed and cried out to God! We prayed that the minds would be changed and that our appt. would be reinstated for when it was originally scheduled!
I called a prayer partner and mentor of mine and she prayed with me over the phone, and gave me this verse.
Proverbs 3:5-7 (New International Version, ©2010)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.[
a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
Her emphasis was on me not to be wise in my own eyes. She told me NOT to go out and try to fix this and get all crazy, she said pray, and trust the Lord and DO NOT BE WISE IN MY OWN EYES. This is what I needed to hear. I could have spent all night trying to figure it out or FIX it, but instead I did what she said. I brought it before the Lord!
At 9:00am we were expecting to make a phone call and plead our case, because that is what time the offices were to be opened.
At 8:30am my hubby got a phone call on his cell phone! In the night their mind had been changed! Our appt. was reinstated for the previous scheduled time, and we were 100% back on track.
OH GLORY!!!! God moved a big huge mountain. He answered prayer, He showed us Himself, and it was GLORIOUS. He showed off and we PRAISE HIM!!! Our home visit went well, and we are just that much closer to getting Esther home to her forever family!

6 comments:

We Are Family said...

Praise the Lord!!!

Shauna said...

Thank you Jesus! Only God ONly God!! Such a lesson to trust God - His ways are so much higher.

Kat said...

I am constantly amazed by God's goodness. I shouldn't be, but He is just so cool....

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

marlece said...

thank the Lord!

Anna Marie said...

Thank you! Just what I needed to read. x