Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, December 3, 2010





Yesterday was Charlie and my 21st wedding anniversary!!!! Oh the JOY!!!! We can not even comprehend how fast the last 21 years have gone by. It's a blur. One thing we both agreed last night was that we WOULD totally do it all over again.... knowing all that we know now. Whew...that question could have gone either way on me...hehehe
We were soooooo in love when we got married we didn't EVEN think about much, we did not have a life plan, we had no big aspirations, no expectations of where our lives were headed, no magical kid number (thank goodness...Charlie could totally think he was deceived if we had discussed a number...haha) just acting like we could live on LOVE and nothing else mattered.
Our wedding was such a gift from my parents and my sisters because I was just in a cloud, I didn't help do anything, I didn't care about anything, they made most of the decisions and did ALL the work. I just was having fun with my boyfriend.....we also have to remember I was 18 years old; so I was pretty much just floating through life having a ball anyway.
I can honestly say...I'm much deeper in love with this man than I was 21 years ago...hopefully, I'm not as oblivious to the world around me, but I'm definitely in love. Can't really say I have the goose bumps every time he walks in the door, but I definitely look forward to seeing him at the end of the day, and my feelings for him are much stronger and deeper than the goose bump kind. And I'm not gonna lie, he still turns my head. I always think he is the most handsome man in the room, no matter where we are! It was a fun day of reflection and lots of people wishing us a Happy Anniversary.
We ended the day by saying we can't wait to see what the next 21 years brings...the first 21 have been pretty great....5 kids....1 more on the way soon, from Uganda. Lots of ups and downs. But, overall growing closer to our Almighty Lord, and closer to one another.






,

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Sweet and the pics are sweeter! So much to look forward to! Love you guys so much!

drillerbob said...

So proud to call you both our very best friends! You two are meant for each other and we wish you all the best, now and always. Congrats on 21 exciting years of marriage and wishing you many, many more!

Jenay said...

Robert and Shelly,

I can tell you one thing with COMPLETE and TOTAL confidence. Our marriage would not be as much fun or meaningful, if we didn't have you for our best friends. We can't do this life without you guys! We love ya to pieces!

marlece said...

I am so glad you chose to fall in love with this man too! We love him, we love you! Thanks for marrying him and Charles, thanks for taking care of Jenay, can't wait to follow you around for the next 21!

We Are Family said...

Congratulations!

Laurel said...

Happy Anniversary!

I got engaged at 19 ... on our 3rd date. No one thought it would last. That was 29 years ago, and I love my man now more than ever.

Hope you are having a BLESSED weekend.

Laurel