Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving





Psalm 100:4 (New International Version)
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.









We had a very blessed and wonderful thanksgiving. We had 2 of my sisters and their families, and we had 4 people from Crystal Peak Youth Ranch. It was ALL family to us. We had a wonderful opportunity to go around the table before we sat down to eat and each person got to tell some specifics of what they are thankful for. This is my FAVORITE tradition. We heard a lot of the same things repeated...family, friends, jobs, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, but it was beautiful from each person, and everyone was touched and sincere in their thanks.


During this time, Reece kept saying it was his turn....his turn....his turn.....so when it finally got to his turn, I said to him, "What are you thankful for Reece?"....He says...."Ummmmmm Reece." So I say, "You are thankful for yourself?" and he replies totally thrilled with himself...."YA!" So Jordan my nephew whom is 4 years old....already had his turn and said some sweet things, but he heard what Reece said and did not want to miss the opportunity to chime in very respectfully, and say that he TOO was thankful for HIMSELF!!! Oh it was precious and heartfelt and sweet. And let me tell you, these 2 boys are the babies of their families, and they are very thankful for themselves, because that is their main focus at this point of their lives.


We cracked up!!!! It was priceless!!!


These were the 3 cooks this year. My mom and dad were in Arizona. It is the first year that we did it without them. We missed them dearly, but with lots of phone instruction and recipes, we were able to pull it off.







This is Jordan. One of the boys that was very
enthusiastically thankful for himself!







This is Isaiah and Reece. They had a good time together!
Cousins are the BEST!!!

This is Lashae and Chaney. :)

















The Aunties kissing Layton...He pretended to hate it,
but we know he loved it!

2 comments:

marlece said...

YAH, it was a good year! Fun filled memories, thanks for such a great time...and sharing your home for the whole week....end! I loved every minute of it!

Sydney said...

So she did dress up a little when Chaney was there...shocker...she looks GORGEOUS in that picture! Man I have a good looking friend haha Jenay I love all of your post, and even thought I don't comment on all of them I do read them way over here on the other side of the mountain. I am glad that you and Charlie fell in love 21 years ago and created your amazing little family so that I could love all of you! Can't wait to see you when I come home for Christmas!