Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Texas and Adoption

We've talked about Texas...we've prayed about Texas....we know people in Texas......but I HAVE NEVER been to Texas. We've talked about adoption....we've prayed about adoption....we know people who have adopted...but WE HAVE NEVER adopted.
So....there is an adoption conference in Texas on Oct. 1 and 2....I thought it just sounded right up our ally....but I knew we could not afford such a thing....so on a whim, I called our credit card company because we have the whole point thing....that just never seems to work out for me for one reason or another.....so just to ease my mind...thought I would call and see how much it would cost us....full on knowing the only price we could afford would be FREE!!!! Sooooo, called and guess what....2 tickets to Austin Texas AND AND AND a free hotel...that happens to be beautiful. Now, let me tell you...we can afford FREE... we are flying to a state we have dreamed of and prayed about, going to a conference to learn about a call and a ministry we have dreamed of and prayed about. Yippee Jesus....He does give good gifts!!!! AND AND AND....Charlie and I are going alone...my sister and her hubby will be there, but we have made an agreement one mom to another...it is a time to be with our men....Charlie and I have not spent more than 2 hours alone for a LONG time, and I am looking forward to getting to know him again. HEHE ....And I'm sure he feels the same about me.....NOW STOP LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY.....we all know he will totally enjoy the hotel without Reece between us....I'm admitting and confessing....most nights he is sleeping soundly right between us...on occasion...Charsie has mercy on us and he sleeps with her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SO happy you are getting to go! Have a great time!

Shauna said...

lolol!! I did not think about that fact that you will not have a little man to rule the room for 3 whole nights!!!
So excited! More excited the more I think about it, the more I think about it the more excited I am ...... have I said I am so excited?
Another reason I am excited is I do not have to spend hour saying "I learned at the conference...." - we can talk about what WE learned! lolol [it is really going to cut the phone time down....or up it...hmmm....]

marlece said...

no Sha, this means now you will both be in my ear telling me all about it! Do you hear me? Oh, you brats are going to have a grand time...no jealousy, just admiration~heh, hee!!

Kathy said...

So Awesome! Yep, God does travel arrangements, too! I know it will be great - and who knows how God will put all your new-found knowledge and contacts to work. I can hardly wait to see!