Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baptism

I'm pretty sure if you look over towards Powell Butte you will see some sort of glow...that would be some amazing kids that got baptized on Sunday. And their parents...of which I am one...are walking on clouds. Pretty proud and excited. Luke got baptized, and so did our amazing friends' kids...McKennan and Kennedy. Pretty fun morning at the Powell Butte Christian Church.





I have to include the conversation that went on behind the scene while Luke and Kennedy were getting ready:



Kennedy: Luke, what question are they going to ask again?


Luke: They are going to ask if you have Jesus in your heart and your answer is YES!!



I loved this for so many reasons. But, if you knew these two kids...you would crack up with me. Make no mistake about it...it was Kennedy's decision to get baptized and NOBODY needs to tell her how to answer. She is very sure of herself and usually she is the one lining Luke out. Luke is a boy, and he has 2 older sisters so it is only natural for him to take instruction and Kennedy is smart and quick and sure...so she is usually 2 steps ahead. They just have this worked out and they have a great relationship...they are GOOD friends.


I thought the whole thing was precious and I'm just thankful to my Lord that we got to witness such an exciting day, and enjoy it with friends.




WHAT A BLESSING!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome! There is no greater joy for a mama than to see her children following Jesus!

marlece said...

ditto what Kathy said, I love the picture of Luke 'taking' it before he is dunked, so precious, makes me smile!