Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Charsie and Surprise





We did things a bit different this year. We stayed home a lot more and we didn't participate in as many things as we usually do. Well, this did not mean we didn't have much to do...Charsie took the opportunity to to train Surprise...this is a horse we have had since birth and we didn't even know her Mama was pregnant. So one morning we stepped out and there was a baby filly..what a SURPRISE.
In our defense...the vets did not even know and we had taken Surprise's mom several times because she had an infection in her jaw we could not get rid of. Anyway when she was just about a year old she got her foot caught in the fence and by the time we discovered her she had nearly pulled her own foot off trying to get out. So needless to say, we thought we would never be able to use her. We have had her for 8 years and she has just become more of a pet than anything. Charsie decided last year that she would like to train her. So while Charsie homeschooled last year she brushed her, washed her, saddled her, and spent a lot of time with her. On Sunday Charsie got her all ready and Charlie got on her for the first time, and then Charsie got on her. What an accomplishment. Charsie started this project last year and she was only 12 years old. This is why we call Charsie the animal whisperer. She did this ALL on her OWN!!! We are pretty proud of her, she has so much patience and perserverance.






5 comments:

Shauna said...

Pretty amazing accomplishment for a 12 year old!!! Ashton has been keeping me updated on this and I am impressed! Love the pics!

drillerbob said...

Way to go Chars. Very proud of you girl!

We Are Family said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. When I pulled up your blog I instantly knew I would "like" you. I have only read a little bit so far(I like it). I will read more, promise :)

Many Blessings!
Jennifer
www.knowingnotignoring.blogspot.com

marlece said...

way to go sis, you need to blog this on your own blog. You are amazing...come and brush my horses down would ya?

Kathy said...

Jeany and Charsie, I have read Esther your recent posts, and then we read this together. She has seen the pictures of Surprise, who will be her horse. She's sitting beside me right now, all smiles. I've asked her what she wants to say:

Esther: "May I have more pictures of you? I want to thank you for my horse and my pig. I think it will be fun to have a horse. Bye bye!"