Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, March 25, 2016

My Man Is An African - At Heart.

My man is headed to Kenya in a few days.
 I love how God is always changing it up.  The minute you get kinda "comfortable" He starts something new.

Believe it or not after 7 trips to Uganda there is a certain element of comfort when going there.
  Charlie knows people and he has a bit of a routine when he goes there, so God in all his goodness and creative wonder has given Charlie the opportunity to go to Kenya.

I have no doubt God is up to something pretty cool (because He always is) and I'm proud of my man for saying,
"Yes, send me, I am willing."




Charlie is headed to Kenya with our missionary friend




This is our friend that had to endure the "pepper spray incident' with us
 and
 he is still speaking to us. 

This in itself shows true Christian characteristics
...forgiveness and grace...,
joy in the midst of suffering,
those kinds of traits.


This guy is a Christ follower and world changer, and we are blessed enough to call him our friend.  


Charlie is not ready....and not worried about it.
  It will all come together, and the more open he is to God's plan and timing and provision, the more beautiful it will be.

  He knows God has a plan and he is just blessed enough to get to join in on it.

Also as Ben pointed out on Charlie's last trip to Uganda, Charlie is African at heart, anyone who has seen Charlie in Uganda will testify the man is more alive and free and in his element there.
I've come to realize I married an African man!!!!!  


No comments: