Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Sprays Pepper Spray.



We have had the best and blessed weekend than we have had in a really long time.  We have been feeling a bit beat up by life.  Nothing big and awful, just some swift kicks in the shins from life that have left us feeling a little tender and bruised.  

So as this weekend went on, and it kept getting better and better,  I just kept thanking Jesus. 
 Jesus RAINED and RAINED His love and encouragement and kindness and fun on our family.
He gave us good friends, good memories, good food and good fun ALL weekend long.

Our friend Michael from Catalyst For Africa came and he blessed our socks off!  
This man is a Jesus loving, people loving guy who God put in our lives out of pure kindness to us.

I can't blog all the great things about this man and his heart, because it would take too long, but here's a snap shot of who this guy is. 
He scoops up our kids and loves them like he has been in their lives for years.
 He even cut Cellie's fingernails for me.  Who does that????? 
 He could see that it needed done, (because I HATE cutting baby nails and let it go far too long) and he just did it!!
 That's a good friend I tell ya.


On Sunday, Charlie, Kole, and Mike got to go with Michael Mozely and meet up with with his best friend from THIRD DAY, ya, you read right...the awesome and amazing Christian band,
  Third Day

 They all went to a local winery named
 They had a good time and a great visit.
 It was a beautiful day.
I can't tell you how encouraging it is to see a bunch of godly men just relax and enjoy the gifts that God blesses us with.  




THEN!!!!

We loaded up all the kids and some friends and we went and worshiped our hearts out at the 
Third Day concert.  

 
 Sometimes God just gets a few of his kids together and says,
GO ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!!
  I felt like that's what he did for us this weekend. 


So, last night as we are just kinda chillin' and visiting and enjoying our last night with Michael, I'm in the middle of a sentence and I just start hacking my head off.  Then, Cellie starts coughing.  With hand motions,I am begging for water from Charsie.  She immediately starts coughing too, and I think she is mocking me, because I occasionally go into a random coughing fit, and we call it my 
Grandma Great throat. 
 We call it that because my grandma had this thing that she would get a catch in her throat and once she got to coughing it was ALL over!  She just couldn't quite recover.  She has so generously passed on that wonderful trait to my mom and me and my oldest daughter.  UGH!!!!  Of all the wonderful traits that saint could have passed on, THAT is the one I got. 
 LOVELY!!!!

Anyway, as I'm coughing and giving dramatic hand motions, I hear Charsie barely squeeze out 4 words between coughs, 
"LUKE SPRAYED PEPPER SPRAY." 
 I got up and booked it outside with Cellie and as I was getting OUT everyone in the house except for Jesse begins coughing.
  Our guest Michael gets up and heads for the bathroom to puke his guts out.

As I stood outside coughing I could hear the house absolutely falling apart!  I needed fresh air and a moment to laugh or cry a little.   I got to thinking how amazing our weekend was, and how thankful I was that we had held ourselves together for the most part. 
 My head did not spin around, like it can; I didn't yell, like I do; we had only minimal melt downs, no major ones.  
And now we have blown it! 


Apparently Luke (the good one who RARELY makes bonehead moves)....decided today was the day to find out what that spray was that has been in the corner of my desk for about a  hundred years....
I used to carry pepper spray when I would run, because I have been bit by dogs a few times...and then decided it was too much trouble to carry and I would just leave it at my desk to collect dust and attract the attention of innocent children.  :)

Luke picked it up and gave it one harmless spray and it came out like a cloud and just made it's way to everybody (except Jesse, who apparently is immune).

Needless to say....Luke was embarrassed and we were all showing our true colors.  When we thought we might get away with having a guest without an incident....we were so wrong.
  We have to have something that reminds us that we are a circus and a messy circus at that, and that is never going to change.

Everyone survived and now we know what if feels like to be sprayed with pepper spray.
  It's HORRIBLE!
  Our guest did not call a cab and leave us to our own crazy ways....he hung in there and coughed and  laughed and encouraged and said, 
"It was great."
  He said this is the stuff that makes memories....yep, that's what it does....we will not soon forget what it feels like to be sprayed with pepper spray.

God bless Michael for being gracious from the beginning moment until the grand finale.

I still chock the weekend up to being great, but I also humbly remember who we really are. 

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment,each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing the craziness and laughs!