Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Busy Middle Bunch


My middle kids have had us on a dead run lately and I can't think of anything that should bring me to tears more than watching these kids do so well and work so hard.  I'm so stinking proud of each of them and even though I sit there locked up and sometimes yelling for them....I am a wild mess on the inside....excited and anxious and proud and sick all at the same time.


Esther is a on volleyball team and just recently had a birthday.  She has just turned into such a lady.  She has taken on the roll of the "oldest" girl in the house so well.  She takes good care of me and all the little peeps.  She has a spark in her that would just twinkle sometimes,  and that spark has grown and ignited and she just shines brightly.



Mik is on a basketball team that has done well and he has made some good friends.  He has grown up so much.  He recently had a birthday also and he was so full of joy all day and we celebrated him big time and he loved every single minute.  He must have told me he loved me 3 times that day and he typically uses those words pretty sparingly, it made my day.  We have so many years to make up for with him,  we missed out on such a big part of his early life...but without those years..he wouldn't be who he is and we love him just the way he is.  We are thankful that he is ours and with us now and we are thankful for every part of his story, and that we get to be a part of it.  


  





Luke is the wrestler and  has wrestled like a stud.  I'm so proud of this kid.  He has taken on the discipline, and the wins and the losses with such solid strength. 
 This kid is a true true middle child, he is the middle of the middle and he takes it all in stride. 

 He made it to state in his wrestling and so we will be cheering him on this weekend.  Praying I don't sit with the "ugly" look all weekend, because wrestling is an especially hard one for me to watch. 
 Don't get me wrong, I really do like it because he loves it and he has done so well, but it goes against so much of my 
"mother nature." 
 I cant believe I sit there watching my kid in a tiny little costume
 (singlet, Luke tells me)
 getting physically attacked and turned into a pretzel in front of a whole bunch of people who are sitting in the stands and yelling at him, or for him, it's hard to tell which.
  I also know as I'm watching him, that he has had to watch and monitor every single calorie that has passed thru his lips for the days leading up to the meets. 
  It's great discipline and it does teach him body awareness and how to use food to fuel his body not just taste good and feel full...but it goes against allllllllllll the instincts of a mother to feed her growing boy.

 When I know he's hungry, I am in physical pain. 
 He doesn't complain a word, but I'm in a yank the whole hungry  time.



Luke getting an award from McKennan, his coach and big brother friend.  I'm so thankful for McKennan and all that he has poured into Luke.  Luke is getting to learn from the best!





























It has been a very busy season, but it has been fun and such a time of growth for all our middle kids.  We are so thankful for the gifts and abilities and differences of each of these kids.  

Ps.  I got a private comment a couple of posts ago from an adoptive mom and I would love to get in touch with her...but her comment was anonymous and private and I have no way of contacting her.  Please email me at brewerbunch6@msn.com.

Thanks!


No comments: