Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

What Does the CROSS OF JESUS Mean to Me?


The question that has been running thru my head this Easter season is:
What does the cross mean to ME?

The CROSS OF JESUS means Jesus - the Son of God took on the wrath of God for my sin and shame and HE died, and was buried, and after 3 days came back to life so that I might have life everlasting with Him. 
 This is what the cross means for everyone who believes. 
 Thank you Jesus for the cross.  

The thing that has been on my mind though is on a personal relational just Jesus and me heart to heart kinda level....what does the cross mean to me?

I am forgiven!
I was bought with  the price of God's only Son - HIS VERY LIFE - and He paid for me,
 and then He set me free!!!!  
FREEDOM
 is what the cross means to me.  

When we think of the world's terms of paying for a person, we think of slavery, and it's wrong and it's gross, but as with everything in God's kingdom, it's the opposite of the world.
I have been paid for to live in 
FREEDOM!

Jesus payment is beautiful and loving!
Jesus set me free, free to live as a beloved child of the almighty God, whom I can now call 
FATHER!
And once I looked to Jesus and repented of my sin and looked to HIM and HIM alone for my right standing with God almighty,
 I became a child of God forever!!

His payment was for my adoption into HIS family. 
 Now I have all the benefits of a beloved child of God!!  

Even on my best day I will never deserve it or earn it,
 I just am
 a child of the 
great
I AM!
When I blow it ROYALLY, I'm still HIS kid, the payment was in full, and had no contingencies, no refund, no returns, paid in full forever! 
 BOOM!!!!  
DONE!!!
FINISHED!!!

Thank you Jesus for the CROSS!!!! 
 Thank you!!!!  Thank you!!!!  Thank you!!!!

I think of how much I love my kids,
 and that love times infinity is how much my FATHER loves me.
Every day all day, good days and bad days.  
HE LOVES ME!
HE ACCEPTS! 

My actions and behaviors do not change HIS love for me.  

Thank you Jesus for the saving me and making me righteous before God almighty

OUR FATHER!

I live in freedom and have all the benefits of being a daughter of the 
KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS!

Psalm 116:12-19The Message (MSG)

12-19 
What can I give back to God
    for the blessings he’s poured out on me?
I’ll lift high the cup of salvation—a toast to God!
    I’ll pray in the name of God;
I’ll complete what I promised God I’d do,
    and I’ll do it together with his people.
When they arrive at the gates of death,
    God welcomes those who love him.
Oh, God, here I am, your servant,
    your faithful servant: set me free for your service!
I’m ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice
    and pray in the name of God.
I’ll complete what I promised God I’d do,
    and I’ll do it in company with his people,
In the place of worship, in God’s house,
    in Jerusalem, God’s city.
Hallelujah!

I get to spend my freedom thanking HIM and responding to HIS great love and sacrifice for 
ME!
Not because I have to, but because I get to. 
 He even gives me the voice to praise Him and the arms to raise to HIM! 


The CROSS means that I get to see in the WORD,  how much HE loves me and how faithful HE is to me!



Everyone that turns to Jesus as their LORD and their SAVIOR has been bought with the same price and receives the same benefit package!!! 
There is no probation or waiting period, the payment was made in full, the benefits start immediately.
The benefit package is called:
GRACE!!
It's perfect and never runs out and provides for everything you will ever ever ever need.

 How awesome is that.  
Who wouldn't fall in LOVE with a SAVIOR that is so wonderful??  
This is what the cross means to me and everyone who BELIEVES
and repents.
REPENT,  means turn to HIM and confess that you need HIM and HE will stamp your life as paid in full and you are handed the benefit package called
GRACE!!!!

No comments: