Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, January 16, 2015

We Can't Forget

When I get home from Uganda I always feel a bit on the emotional side for several reasons.
 I feel tired, in my body and revived in my spirit. 
 I lose a lot of filters.
 I love deeper, but I also feel less tolerant.  Less tolerant of whining and complaining and competing and selfish stuff, from myself and others.
  I get a bit hard on my kids....I have seen how good we all have it, and I don't want me or the kids to take for granted the life that we have been given.  

 I also don't want to forget that in all our comforts, we are in such need of our Savior 
every single day!! 
 We can get so accustomed to the "access" to everything that we think we need here, it is easy to forgot how desperate and broken we truly are.

When I got home, the very next day, Maezie got sick and we ended up in the E.R. in Montana. 
 It was so comforting to be able to take my sick girl to the Dr. and know that we have so much access to medicine and treatment. 
 I prayed for my girl, but I also got to load her up and take her to a place where she could get immediate medical attention.
  I don't want to forget the millions of people that don't have that option.


I have seen people, our good friends, who love with everything they have, and I have seen these people preach the Gospel until their bodies are drenched in sweat and they have poured out every ounce of energy they have, and given their ALL to Jesus. 



Philippians 2:17-18English Standard Version (ESV)

17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18 Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.

I want to POUR it all out for Jesus, I want to remember my constant
 NEED for HIM.
  I don't want to forget.





1 comment:

marlece said...

Let's not forget! I'm glad you are back. I will try harder to not complain but give glory to the One who deserves it every second of our lives.