Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Monday, January 12, 2015

*Hacked* Happy Birthday!!!


My mom's birthday is tomorrow (Jan 13).

So I have hacked her blog to wish her a happy birthday publicly. 

I am so thankful to have my mom here with me to celebrate her birthday. She isn't big into celebrations and being recognized for anything but that won't stop me from spoiling her and loving every moment we get together.

As you know, she just recently returned from Uganda. She flew right on over to see me pick up Maezie. And if you don't know, I am beyond thrilled to have her here. My mom and I are close. Very close. And I give all the credit to God. We obviously have that natural Mother-daughter-bond. But more than that we are sisters in Christ and get to serve the same God everyday and that makes us close, eternally close. 

I am always in awe of how God works and allows us to serve Him together even though we are many many many far too many miles apart. While the family was in Uganda I was able to have Moo here with me. I also was able to send them with a few suitcases full of things to Uganda. It made me feel like I was on mission with them. 

My mom is an INCREDIBLE example of someone that Listens to God. Hears from Him. Seeks Him, day in and day out. And is willing to do wild and crazy things for His glory. (let's be honest, taking the majority of your large family to Uganda on a mission trip, while being 7 months pregnant is a bit crazy. But I never doubted that God called them to it and so I was beyond thrilled to be able to "send" them with love and prayers.)

Being the extreme introvert that she is, it is amazing to see how God uses her constantly to pour into so many people's lives. She has a way of loving and encouraging and teaching her family and friends, near and far, about Christ, and it is truly beautiful. 

She is passionate about seeing people come to know Jesus as their savior. And has a HUNGER for His word that I desire all the time.

No, my mom is not perfect. But in her imperfection she falls to the feet of Jesus and His perfection shines through her.  

So if you could just wish my wonderful mommy a happy birthday and pray that she gets the rest she needs to recover from a BIG trip, I am sure it would bless her bones. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY! I am blessed to be your daughter.

Love, 
Bissy

2 comments:

marlece said...

sweet La, happy birthday sister!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I have never met you(I'm from PA), but you have been such an encouragement to me! Your honesty on following Jesus, marriage, parenting, and adoption have helped me on days that feel lonely and way too hard. May Jesus continue to give you the rest and energy that you need as this new little one joins your family! Keep on shining for Jesus! Birthday Blessings to you!