Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Goers and Senders - Uganda 2015

Every mission team has to have "goers" and "senders". 
 There is not a team that can go without being sent. 
 The senders are one of the most important pieces to any mission.  

Matthew 9:37-38English Standard Version (ESV)

37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

Lashae has been a goer and a sender and she is awesome at both.   I can tell you with complete confidence this trip would not have worked if it wasn't for Lashae and her heart for missions, and for her hard work of preparations and her prayers.




 She took care of Maezie, which is no easy task, especially when Lashae has her own busy and growing and active family to take care of. 

 I must have said at least a dozen times how I could not have made this trip if we would have brought Moo. 
 I would skype with Lashae and the girls and I would just be soooooooo thankful that they were all in good hands and IN MONTANA. 
 Moo is busy busy busy and it made me exhausted just watching her enthusiasm on skype. 
 I couldn't imagine trying to keep her corralled in Uganda.


Lashae also "sent" us with one of her best friends from Montana, Maddie, to be on mission with us, instead of selfishly keeping her for herself for help on the home front with all the babies.

 Maddie has a servant's heart and she has been a lifeline to Lashae in Montana as she is so far from family. Lashae has shared her love for Jesus and her love for Uganda with Maddie and it sparked a desire in Maddie to GO!

Lashae also sent us with boxes of donations to bless others with.  She also sent a few very special and meaningful gifts to some pretty amazing missionaries in Uganda.  It was fun to be the one to deliver gifts that were so personal and thoughtful.



She also sent a LOAD of snacks.  She has been pregnant herself before, and knows that when a pregnant mama gets hungry there better be a snack close by.   My girl took care of me in a big way from clear across the world. 

Lashae also sent us with a bunch of letters from home.  Every single morning we got up and had a new letter to read that was so encouraging to our day.  We looked forward to this time everyday and were blessed by the words of our loved ones from home.

The best thing Lashae did for us, was she prayed!!!
  Lashae is an incredible prayer warrior.  It is an absolute gift from God.  Lashae has an intimacy with her Savior and in prayer life and I know when Lashae is praying God is hearing.  Lashae prayed such specific prayers and it blessed me in every way. 

 I was telling her how amazed I was that even being 7 months pregnant I felt better than I had ever felt on a trip to Uganda.  She informed me that THAT was exactly her prayer for me.
  Now, I know that I know, that only God can do such a thing. 

 How a hormonal pregnant grandma Nay Nay, can feel even decent, let alone BETTER than ever, on a trip across the world, far from many comforts and familiarity's of home, is ONLY GOD hearing a daughters loving prayers and ANSWERING!!!



I am spending a few days resting and hanging with my girl and my grand babies and Roo and Moo, and I could not be happier about that!


No comments: