Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Week of Olympics

I feel like I've been to a week of the Olympics. 
 The best part of any sport is being in awe of what the body can do when it is pushed and trained and used.

For me, this week has been a week of being in awe as I have been watching God's body in action.  
 God's body in our church, our friends, and our family. The body that He has allowed me to be a part of has been pushed and stretched and used this week. It's as if we have competed in the decathlon as a team.

The property that God is training us on is a busy piece of dirt.

We had a Run 4 Adoption fundraiser.  





We got to worship in our new building for the very first time this week. 




All this, on a pretty bare piece of dirt that I'm pretty sure God must have said, "I will let you use it for my Glory", and the body said,
 "YES, PLEASE!!"

1 Corinthians 10:23-24English Standard Version (ESV)

Do All to the Glory of God

23 “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33English Standard Version (ESV)

31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.



The impact of the activities this week reached across the table, the street, the country, and the world.

This is what is so amazing about God, He even saw fit to bring in more of the body to feed peeps during these Olympics.


*And I might add....we were fed with yummy abundance.*
 These 2 girls have fed the masses this week.  Charsie has fed every animal in the area, and Maddie has fed every animal  person in this house.  Charsie has kept the road hot with her feeding program and Maddie has kept the kitchen hot with her feeding program.  It has been such a blessing, because I am here to tell you if you don't feed the body....or the body's animals....things start to break down before they really even get started good.  
Maddie would also take a slight break from kitchen duty sometimes and feed the little bodies with lots of love and care and kept them looking cute...(that is a HUGE priority to Miss Maddie).


This bunch of bodies work together and also rest together. 
 I couldn't be any more blessed with the bodies that God has put together in this house.
I am thankful to God and to my kids for being willing to come together and work together.



 God uses many generations coming together to work for His glory.  Holding a precious baby full of sweetness may not even look like work, it just looks like pure sweetness, but if it wasn't for this part of the body holding the sweetness and keeping it protected and happy...the sweetness can turn sour.












This little mama and her hubby are doing their part in many ways, and they are absolutely taking seriously the command to be "fruitful and multiply"...and that makes my heart just 
CRAZY HAPPY AND FULL OF GRAND JOY.   


My man is wild!!! 
 His part in the body usually involves something loud and dangerous. 

I am thankful today for "the body" that has participated in this week's Olympics.
  I am sad, because part of the body had to go back to Montana.
And I am thankful for how God designed HIS BODY to work together!!!

I am in AWE of how good HE is and how he can take a bunch of dirt and make it into something useful and beautiful!!!




1 comment:

marlece said...

sounds crazy busy for His glory. Whoot! Whoot! Looks like a week of fun, work, and then more of the same. AWESOME!