Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Confession: I Hate Most Fundraisers

Here's another ugly confession:  I pretty much hate fundraisers.  

In my defense,when you have a zillion kids in a zillion activities it can be overwhelming. 
 I don't want people to dread seeing us coming towards them because  we are raising money for (blank)
 The whole truth is that even before I had a zillion kids I hated most fundraisers. 

I am the coaches most dreaded parent that will only let my kids do the MINIMUM to be eligible for their sport or whatever it is they are required to raise money for.  As a result, I usually have too many sunflower seeds in the cupboard or cookie dough in the freezer, because I end up buying whatever the minimum requirement is.  

So, of course when we needed to raise a whole bunch of money to adopt Esther, I asked God MANY MANY times to just send us a check, a big job, ANYTHING but a fundraiser. 
 So, OF COURSE, instead of sending us a check, He gave me an idea for a fundraiser.  
*AND YOU KNOW IT HAD TO BE FROM GOD FOR IT TO COME TO ME, 
THE FUNDRAISER HATER*.

 God used this fundraiser to be a huge huge part of the whole testimony of
 He did so many cool things through so many cool people during that event.  
We were humbled and blessed beyond words, STILL to this very day over a
"fundraiser".
Living proof that He can use anybody and anything He wants to....especially our weaknesses.
To make a long testimony short, we ended up with our horse trailer given back to us, and new lifetime friends that have been AMAZING mentors to us, out of a horse trailer raffle.
Who would have known?
 Only God!

He used the whole experience to increase our faith and to remind us and show us of His faithfulness.

I am still not a fan of hardly ANY fundraisers.
  I know that is probably a crappy attitude, but it is the truth.


But God! 
 Once in a while I feel STRONGLY that the Lord is nudging me to get on board of a fundraiser, whether a supporter or an organizer. 
 I prefer when He asks me to support, because I know He will provide for everything He is asking me to give, but then when He lays on my heart to organize one, I don't always have the same faith. 
It's easier to believe Him in the privacy of my own checkbook; it's a bit more risky to put myself out there. 

I say ALL that to say, I am as super excited for putting together a 
 fundraiser. 
It's definitely the LORD doing a work in me for me to be seriously excited.

 The run is in conjunction with xHope and Redeemer House RUN 4 ADOPTION in California, and this year all the proceeds from the Powell Butte RUN 4 ADOPTION will go towards bringing 
Eddie Freauff home to his forever family.  




More details coming soon.


1 comment:

marlece said...

This subject.....right now is a touchy one for me today when I sit here at my own garage sale and people come to dicker with me over a 5 cent item, what the????

Ok, Yes, I like if there is a 'purpose' I want to support, I'm all about it. Esther, a 5K, what have you. I like to be apart....

oh better get back out there, I may make a dollar this hour, ugh!